Problems with Reports (edited)

giluxis
giluxis Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in Reports (Windows)
One of the only reasons I continued to purchase your product is that I was able to do year end reports with little or no problems. Whatever changes you have made in the past year have made that next to impossible. Some categories and items are listed incorrectly as income or expense. I have run a super validate and repair it shows nothing wrong yet when I run a report to show an income item on a category that with identical entries some show as income and others show as expense.

This much frustration on an ongoing basis is not worth the money.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @giluxis

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    After giving us the information that was requested by @Quicken_Tyka please give us evidence of the problems that you are reporting so that we can follow up and see if we can reproduce it.
    Please show us excerpts of the reports that you are having problems with, a portion of the Category List showing the definitions of the Categories in question and the register transactions (or a filtered Register Report (CTRL-P)) showing the problem transactions, with Split detail where necessary).

How to attach image snapshots to Community posts (Windows or Mac)

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of this webpage. Drag and drop the image or, at the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons possibly beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

This discussion has been closed.