Why does Quicken keep crashing?

Options
Vaa
Vaa Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in Investing (Windows)
This problem has been going on since buying into the online subscription over a year ago.

While reconciling investments I will have to make changes to the securities since the downloads often mismatch or amounts are incorrect.

Crash reports have been sent NUMEROUS times, with the log and steps that I was doing when it happened.

As I said, it is over a year and this is still happening. I have not received any confirmation that my crash reports have been received and obviously, the problem has not been resolved. I know believe that the crash reports are not looked at and are pointless to send.

I now have to go back to a source that I have avoided, this "community" site. My hope is that maybe someone from Quicken Tech support will see this and address the issue or at least have the courtesy to respond and not from certain individuals that did not design the program.

Thank you.

Answers

• Vaa
    Vaa Member ✭✭
    Options
    Additional information: I edit an investment, i.e,. add info to memo field, correct the purchase of securities because they are always .01cent off, correct the purchase price. I click the save and a grey window pops up and asks if I want to save transactions, so I click yes. Crash. A quicken error report window pops up and I fill it out as I have many times, including email address. That's it. I open quicken back up and do a few more and crash. After a year, of sending reports I would think that someone would try to research the problem. I should add that it only happens with Wells Fargo investments, all others are okay, so far.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Options
    Hello @Vaa,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize you have not yet received a response.

The Community is a user-to-user forum and may need a bit more information to be able to further assist with this. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

You may also consider contacting Support directly for more advanced troubleshooting. Support has access to tools and information that the Community does not have, and will work with you towards resolving this.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie 

• Vaa
    Vaa Member ✭✭
    Options
    Finally someone responded, thank you.
    I am using the 2019 Quicken Rental subscription service. I went to help and clicked on support. went to bottom to click on talk to support. Opened it up and followed the directions to save the log file in order to send, however the log file would not open to attach.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Options
    Hello Vaa,

Thank you for following up with those additional details, although I apologize you're experiencing difficulties uploading your log files.

You may consider contacting Support via telephone so that a Support Agent can walk you through all the necessary steps and work with you towards a resolution.

Hours and contact information for phone Support can be found here.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Vaa
    Vaa Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have uploaded the files via Quicken Support. I sent in a txt format.
    I now am having issues with the program shutting down after the recent update. It happens with one-step and when I want to look at a holding list within an investing account.
  • Vaa
    Vaa Member ✭✭
    Options
    I installed the recent subscription Update. When using one-step update or opening a holdings list within a specific account the program shuts down. No error report just shuts down, so I cannot forward any specific code.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

This discussion has been closed.