What are password limits for Quicken ID, e.g., max length, valid character sets, etc.?

CurPro
CurPro Member ✭✭
I like VERY strong passwords. For example, I would like to set a 64 character password using UTF-8 encoding. Is this allowed? If not, what is valid?

Best Answer

Answers

• CurPro
    CurPro Member ✭✭
    @Sherlock - Thanks for the link. I had done FAQ and forum searches but didn't look at the referenced link since I hadn't forgotten my PW. I take your final phrase to mean that a 73 character password is actually possible, rather than a max of 16. Maybe only the 1st 16 characters are recognized? I think I'll just go ahead and try a few variations of length and character set to satisfy my curiosity.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    CurPro said:
    @Sherlock - Thanks for the link. I had done FAQ and forum searches but didn't look at the referenced link since I hadn't forgotten my PW. I take your final phrase to mean that a 73 character password is actually possible, rather than a max of 16. Maybe only the 1st 16 characters are recognized? I think I'll just go ahead and try a few variations of length and character set to satisfy my curiosity.
    Regarding 73 characters, I meant, if we enter a password longer than 73 characters, only the first 73 characters are matched.
This discussion has been closed.