Incorrect Share Price Georgia Path2College 529 Account

I have a Georgia Path2College 529 Account that I have set-up for direct connect. The share balance in the account is correct but the share price is not. I've tried everything to get it to reset the share price (Download Transactions, Download Historical Share Price, reset account, deactivate online services, etc). Any thoughts?

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the security held in that account?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• butlerd12
    butlerd12 Member
    It's the managed allocation fund for ages 0 to 4.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it have a fund/stock symbol?  I'm trying to find out if the price might be downloaded from anyplcce OTHER than the 529 account itself.
    Because IF, as I suspect, the only source of the price is the 529 plan then they're the ones who are providing the conflicting info.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• butlerd12
    butlerd12 Member
    You prompted me to figure out the source of the bad price, but not a solution. There is no fund/stock symbol. However, the account actually has two funds, each with a different price. For some reason, Quicken is using the price for one of the funds with both of the funds. Whats strange is that Quicken has the funds in different accounts. In other words, when I log into the 529 website, it shows one account with two funds, but in Quicken each fund is set-up as its own account. I tried everything but no luck. Thoughts on manually updating the price in Quicken for the fund with the bad data?
  • batl
    batl Member ✭✭
    How were you able to find the GA Path2College among the institutions in Quicken in order to set up direct connect? When I enter "Path2College" as my institution, Quicken maps it to a Tennessee plan.
    Yes, my Quicken file goes back to 1991.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @batl,

When you say "maps it to a Tennessee plan" did you say that because you entered your account information (i.e. account ID and password) and were not able to connect?  Or, did you say that because you noticed that the link to Tennessee's plan on Quicken's sign-in screen during setup?

I mention this because the "Path2College" program is a multi-state program covering all states.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Charles Farnell
    Charles Farnell Member ✭✭
    This perplexed me for some time. I have 3 kids and 3 accounts. It seems like during the sync sequence it arbitrarily picks the last price of one of the accounts and applies that to all 3 accounts.
    Also, when an age based account rolls over you have to go and manually do an add account to find it.
    When looking for the institution search for TIAA-CREF.
    I have not been able to connect to TIAA-CREF to find my kids new account for over 30 days now. The link between Quicken and TIAA seems to be shaky at best.
  • butlerd12
    butlerd12 Member
    Good info. I recall searching for TIAA-CREF when I first added the account, but in response to the question posted above, I looked yesterday and didnt see that option. Maybe it is not available at the moment?
This discussion has been closed.