Is there a way to turn off the annoying amount popup in quicken

Every time I enter a new transaction and tab to the amount field, there is an annoying pop up displayed that disrupts the flow of data entry. Is there any way to turn that off?

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm not sure what popup you're referring to. Is it in the Category field and showing you a list of possible categories? If so, there's no option to turn that off. Please post a screenshot of the popup you're seeing.

FAQ: Posting a Screenshot
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... there is an annoying pop up displayed ...
    i am guessing you are triggering the mini-calculator.

This will happen if, after you enter a value, you type any of the keys that specify a calculation to be performed, such as plus, minus, asterisk, slash, equals.

Actually, just typing the equals key will bring up the calculator.

Are you using a keyboard macro? Or, a third-party keyboard?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    What is the "annoying pop up" that you don't like? I don't see any when using Quicken for Mac.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2020
    I'm guessing you're referring to the mini-calculator. It shows up when you're in any amount field and you press an operator (+, –, = ), but not if you just enter numbers. If it does pop up, it should be above the transaction, though, so I'm not sure how it is disrupting the flow of data entry.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mquinlan
    mquinlan Member
    When it is a transaction with a previous business, a default value is automatically entered in the amount field. When you tab to the amount field, the "calculator" pop up is displayed which then tries to adjust the default value by the value being entered. Yep, I'd say that is a disruption to the flow.
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very mystified by what you are seeing. Please help us by walking us thru your process.

Start from something like:
        I click on an account in the sidebar to open it's register. Then I press Command-N to create a new transaction, enter a date, tab, enter a Payee, tab, enter a Category, tab. The Amount column is now selected with a non-zero value, and the calculator pops up.

A screenshot of the new record with the column headings showing above and the calculator pop-up would be very helpful.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • BrightonBob
    BrightonBob Member ✭✭
    If the question involves the annoying pop-up (that want's you to enter your Quicken sign-in information) when you restart/re-boot your computer, not just when you want to get into the Quicken program, I'd like the answer to that as well. I'm using Quicken 2020 Subscription, and didn't have this until I upgraded from Quicken 17.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @BrightonBob Your question is completely unrelated to the original one here about a pop-up when tabbing to the Amount field. You should start a new thread for your question. It would also help if you could capture a screen shot of the dialog box you're seeing, so we can understand. Quicken typically shouldn't be asking for anything after a computer is restarted (unless you have your Mac configured to launch Quicken at login, and your Quicken configured to prompt for a password). 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.