Square brackets removed from transfer account upon saving transaction

Options
W10, Quicken Deluxe R42.11 When I enter a payment in my checking count to one of my credit cards, and I save the transaction, the square brackets are removed from the transfer account name and never shows up in that account. If I create the transaction in the credit card account with the checking account as the transfer account, it works fine. This only happens with this one credit card account; [BoatUS Signature Visa]. I have another credit card that this never happens with and there is no Category by the same name without the brackets. This has been happening for several years.

Best Answer

• knitchie
    knitchie Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Removed part of the account name, and created a test transaction that appeared to work. Thanks for the help.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Take a look at your Category List ( go to Tools > Category List ).  You should search for a category that is similar to the entry at you've been inputting in the Category field when you enter the transaction.  It could be that the reason the brackets disappear is that you are actually selecting a category that is not a transfer.

Let me know what you find.

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• knitchie
    knitchie Member ✭✭
    Options
    That was the first thing I looked for. No luck. It may be something about the name, because I can't find any difference in how the two credit cards are setup, unless there is something hidden that I can't see.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And that name is?  And the issuer of the cards is?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you tried changing the name of account "BoatUS Signature Visa" to something else?
    Have you tried the usual troubleshooting steps?
    If none of the above work, you may need to create a new account for that card and abandon the old one. Quicken data corruption works in mysterious ways.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• knitchie
    knitchie Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Removed part of the account name, and created a test transaction that appeared to work. Thanks for the help.
This discussion has been closed.