I use Direct Connect to download transactions from FirstBank of Colorado.

Options
Within the last 8 months I've encountered issue where some process at Quicken is attempting to access my bank profile and exceeds the number of login attempts. As a result I have to constantly reset the bank profile password. No one at the bank help desk can help and they've indicated that the issue has been on-going for other customers as well. I am at renewal time and seriously considering just manually downloading transactions from the bank versus paying Quicken to cause me to double the effort. Does anyone know how to resolve this. I've had to no trouble with Direct Connect at First Bank of Colorado until recently after years of success.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you've only set up the Direct Connect connection method with the bank, the login attempts may be associated with one or more Quicken Cloud data sets.  I suggest deleting any superfluous data sets: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

If you have previously set up the Express Web Connect connection method with the bank, I suggest you deactivate all the accounts using the Express Web Connect connection method, contact Quicken Support and request your profile be reset, before resetting the Online Services for the accounts.

If the issue persists, I suggest you change the username associated with the account at the bank.   

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you've only set up the Direct Connect connection method with the bank, the login attempts may be associated with one or more Quicken Cloud data sets.  I suggest deleting any superfluous data sets: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

If you have previously set up the Express Web Connect connection method with the bank, I suggest you deactivate all the accounts using the Express Web Connect connection method, contact Quicken Support and request your profile be reset, before resetting the Online Services for the accounts.

If the issue persists, I suggest you change the username associated with the account at the bank.   

This discussion has been closed.