Combine two quicken files into one

Dear Quicken Community -- I have two Quicken files. Both contain 3 or 4 investment accounts. I would like to have all 7 investment accounts in one Quicken file. Is there a way to do that? I have Quicken Premier 2020 version R24.11
Thank you!

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Scott M
    Scott M Member ✭✭
    Hi Splasher -- thanks for the link to this process. Wow this is quite a process. Let me add a little info. The two files I have contain investment accounts - IRAs, Brokerage. I'm not trying to combine the accounts, just get all the accounts into one file. Does that change what I need to do? Thank you again.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.  You would still need to do the exports and then the imports and then potentially a lot of cleanup.  You just wouldn't have to worry about introducing duplicates in the existing accounts since there is no overlap, but common stocks between the two groups could cause a headache.
    I have only done test rebuilds of a single file, so merging two files is not something I have done in the past.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Scott M
    Scott M Member ✭✭
    Thank you.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another approach could be to just add the accounts from one file into the other as new accounts and download.  Then the new accounts would start with opening balances via add share transactions and there would be placeholders reflecting fact that cost basis data is missing.  You could then go back and create new add transactions with proper cost and purchase data for each lot.  Would probably be a big job unless there were few transactions.  Anyway something else to consider.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

This discussion has been closed.