How can I change type of account

I have a MacBook with v.2020. I have a checking account that is shown as a credit card. How can I change it? I have a zillion other questions but will post only one at a time. (I might add that I am 86 years old and not computer literate so please be gentle.) Thanks

p.s. I have no idea what "Tags" below are.

Best Answer

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Select the account in the sidebar. Then click the menu Accounts > Settings...  You will see the account type listed in the lower section. Click the popup menu (where is currently says Credit Card) to change it to Checking.

Note that if the account is connected for downloads, you may have to deactivate downloads (click he Troubleshooting tab). After changing the type, you can activate downloads again.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Lola Angell
    Lola Angell Member ✭✭
    The sidebar shows my checking account number, it's at the very top where the account number is shown in bold type ... under this is where it shows as a credit card account. There are some entries for my checking account. Thanks, RickO
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Please post a screenshot of what you're seeing. Here are instructions:

FAQ: Posting a Screenshot
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Lola Angell
    Lola Angell Member ✭✭
    Thanks, RickO I was able to change the account name. I can guarantee that I will be back.
  • Vince Drottar
    Vince Drottar Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem as Lola(above), but I can't locate the menu"account Settings" as mentioned above. Please help!
  • Vince Drottar
    Vince Drottar Member ✭✭
    Thanks Jacobs, but the "settings" is not highlighted. The only items highlighted are
    "hide and show, update and show acc., and set up transaction".
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Vince Drottar That is because you have not clicked on an account in the left sidebar. In the sidebars, there are all your individual accounts, which appear under several pre-determined group headings which as in bold type. At the top is All Transactions, a grouping of all your accounts. You cannot adjust the settings for this, because it is not an account. Similarly, you may see such group headings as Banking, Cash, Savings, Credit Card, Investing, Brokerage, Retirement, Property & Debt, Property, Debt (depending on what accounts you have set up). You must click on an actual account, not an account heading, to be able to adjust the settings for the account.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Vince Drottar
    Vince Drottar Member ✭✭
    Under the bold type "CREDIT CARD" is listed my adjustable rate mortgage. I would like to eliminate the bold word credit card and replace it with the word HOME MORTGAGE??
  • Vince Drottar
    Vince Drottar Member ✭✭
    I can't change the word credit card. When I highlight the bold word, I can't get the account - settings to be highlighted.Only when I highlight the sub account the adjustable rate mortgage will the settings be highlighted?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You can't change the names of the group account headings provided by Quicken. You can change the names of your accounts.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.