Last years data File; Investment Updating

denmarfl
denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
I ues the Quicken Option, END OF YEAR to create a prior years data File and a new Year Data File with balances and Non-Reconcled entries.

My last years 401K Register which has 7 different funds....I actually Converted it from a 401K to a Traditional IRA. The 401K was ZERO..., Zero Securities, Zero Cash.

I also went into the Security List and I Unchecked every Funds so if by chnace I connected with last years Data file, the 401K funds would ot update.

You may well find this impossibe, after all I do, I am not making this up, the 401K Register today is showing a (-) Security Balance; Zero Cash. I was just going to CLOSE the Acct but I get the Popup "The Acct has Securities balances please clear the Securities before you close this acct".

The Holdings are really wacho! Leave at this, it would be impossible to figure out what securties I must clear.....

I do not want to delete the Acct...I would lose the entire acct....

Is there some kind of steps I can follow to get the 401K back to Zero Securities....

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello @denmarfl,

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

The Community may need a bit more information to be able to assist further with this issue.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie 

• denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    2020 Quicken Deluxe Subscription version\Windows\R24.11

Seems this question has stumped the Community....it sure has stumped me and I have been a Quicken user since the late 1980's
This discussion has been closed.