Why doesn't Current Budget Report show sub-categories?

The Cash Flow report shows sub-categories, why not Current Budget report?

Best Answer

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming you're using the subscription product, then that report does show Sub-Categories or only Categories, at your discretion.  Click the little triangle next to each Category to flip between the two presentations.
  • John48
    John48 Member ✭✭
    I am using a subscription but this is what i get.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't use Quicken's "Budget" process or Budget reports any more but I do think that if there's any entries made in the "parent" (top level) Category that the report will spit out that "other" line. 
    It's not really clear what you're showing here; are you seeing a line item for each and every transaction, or what?
  • John48
    John48 Member ✭✭
    This is the same set of sub-categories in the Cash Flow report. I seems to me that there should be a way to show the actual sub-categories in the Current Budget report.
  • John48
    John48 Member ✭✭
    Worked - thank you. I had 'both' selected
  • BLT99
    BLT99 Member ✭✭
    My "Current Budget" reports has lines for each of my sub-sub categories, but each line has only the same sub category name. ie shows Other Auto Expense for each line rather than Auto Fuel, Auto Service, et al. I do not have subscription service, I have download Quicken Deluxe so I don't have an Aa. When I ran these reports in May I correctly got sub sub category titles. All my settings and preferences are set for sub category and not category.
  • BLT99
    BLT99 Member ✭✭
    here is a snip of what I see...
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BLT99 said:
    here is a snip of what I see...

Have you tried the suggested solution posted earlier in this discussion?
    That should fix you right up.
  • BLT99
    BLT99 Member ✭✭
    Hi UKR, I read the suggestion to click on Aa and look for 3 radio buttons. I dont seem to have those options available. I am not on subscription version. I have a downloaded Q Deluxe and there is no Aa on my Budget Report screen.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're on a pre-2018 Quicken version go directly into Edit / Preferences / Reports only where you can find the Category selection buttons.
  • BLT99
    BLT99 Member ✭✭
    Hi UKR, I went to Edit/Preferences/Reports Only. The Category selection buttons shown are Description, Name, Both. My setting was on Both. I tried each option and revisited various reports The selection which provides my desired sub sub category label (without the sub cat label) was the Name option. I am happy with this result!!
This discussion has been closed.