Remove a security from my portfolio

I have a security that purportedly was removed in 2018, but still shows up in my Quicken portfolio list with a negative number of shares and a negative value. My brokerage (Raymond James) does not show this in my portfolio on their site. The bottom line is that the current value of my investments in Quicken is reflecting the overall value of my holdings and does not match up to the value of my holdings as reflected by my brokerage. How can I get this security with a negative value and negative number of shares removed from my portfolio list on Quicken?

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the LAST transaction in your investment account that pertains to that security? Because it sounds as it's faulty.
    How was that security "removed", in Q?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Dean Rucker
    Dean Rucker Member ✭✭
    There is an entry in transactions dated 7/18/18 that shows the shares were removed, but the shares still show up in the portfolio view and are shown to have a negative amount of shares and a negative dollar amount.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please post a screen shot of that last transaction.  Your words aren't sufficiently explaining what happened.

• Dean Rucker
    Dean Rucker Member ✭✭
    The security is MFS Research Fund Class A. The first photo is a screen shot of the transaction as it was downloaded form my broker. The second photo is a screenshot of my portfolio which shows a negative number of shares with a negative value. Again, this security is no longer reflected in my broker's portfolio on its website. The fact that these shares remain is causing my entire portfolio to be al little over $2,000 less that the actual value. I appreciate your thoughts or suggestions.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please click on that Removed transaction, in your 1st graphic so that we can see the details.  There's something screwy about it.

This discussion has been closed.