Memorized Investment Transaction List do not appear

pegunnels
pegunnels Member ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Investing (Windows)
On a small Quicken database, when I memorize an investment transaction, it does not immediately appear in the list. On a large Quicken database, the memorized transactions never appear. I know they're in the database because if I try to memorize the transaction a second time it asks if I want to replace the existing transaction - but the Investment Transaction List is still blank. What gives? (I've activated the classic menus, performed Validate and Repair, upgraded to the latest 2020 version)

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you rebuild the Memorized Payee List: press Shift and select Tools > Memorized Payee List

Before you make any significant change to your data file, always save a backup (Ctrl + B).
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    I suggest you rebuild the Memorized Payee List: press Shift and select Tools > Memorized Payee List

Memorized Payee List is different from Memorized Investment Transaction List (Investing > Memorized Investment Transactions). I believe @pegunnels is talking about the latter.
    I personally have never found a use for the Investment Transaction List.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• pegunnels
    pegunnels Member ✭✭
    :D You have my sympathy
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @pegunnels
    Do you have many memorized investment transactions? I wonder if you have reached some limit. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Rob Ritenour
    Rob Ritenour Member ✭✭
    @pegunnels Did you ever find a resolution to the blank list? Mine comes up blank and won't let me save an investment.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

To add an investment transaction to the list, right-click the transaction and select “Memorize investment transaction”.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.