My Morningstar X-Ray Portfolio stopped working in Nov 2019. Everything else in investing works.

Options
I have Quicken Premier 2019. Investing worked fine until Nov 2019 and then for some reason the Morningstar X-Ray Portfolio portion stopped working. Has this been discontinued? I have no problem updating my investments - it is only the Morningstar X-Ray portfolio feature that no longer works.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Please elaborate on "stopped working." Do you get an error message? No results? Wrong results?

I often find that I need to re-select the accounts and securities and/or click on Refresh X-Ray a few times to get the X-Ray to work properly.

What seems to work for me is to pick Custom in the Securities dropdown (no securities are selected) Click Select All then OK and the results are then correct.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Camilla Los, what Q product, and what BUILD of Q are you running?  Also what's your "Valid Thru" date?
    This info can be found by doing HELP, About Quicken.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Camilla Los
    Camilla Los Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have Quicken 2019 Premier for windows. Version R24.11, build 27.124.11, valid thru 5/14/2020.
  • Camilla Los
    Camilla Los Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jim,
    With regard to " stopped working" when I update X-Ray portfolio it just can't find any of my investments to analyze. However, all other functions like updating my investments works just fine.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does Selecting Custom in the Securities dropdown, clicking Select all, then Done fix it?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Camilla Los
    Camilla Los Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jim,
    Tried that, did not fix the problem.

I get a message when I try to update X-Ray saying that "Either this portfolio has few stockholdings or Morningstar lacks the data it needs to provide a written assessment..."

All of my mutual funds are the same as they were prior to this issue with X-ray and X-Ray worked fine in early Nov 2019 with these same investments.
  • Camilla Los
    Camilla Los Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jim, THAT WORKED! Thank you!
  • Camilla Los
    Camilla Los Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jim, THAT WORKED! Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.