Bug in the grand total of Portfolio Value report

The "TOTAL Investments" sum of my investment accounts' "Cost Basis" column is not correct. If one adds the totals of each accounts Cost Basis column, the result is the correct amount but the stated amount on the Portfolio Value report is wrong.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it a major difference or just a few pennies?

If just a few pennies it could be a round off error. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My cost basis total in that report is correct to the penny. You may have some cleanup to do on your data file. Make a copy of your file using File > File Operations > Copy  and run File > File Operations > Validate & Repair on the copy. Notice the investment related options in the Validate & Repair dialog.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Please provide the year and version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken
    If there are return of capital transactions (RtrnCap or RtrnCapX) in an investment account, the cost basis total in the report for the account may be incorrect.
  • jheerm4827
    jheerm4827 Member ✭✭
    > @Jim_Harman said:
    > Is it a major difference or just a few pennies?
    >
    > If just a few pennies it could be a round off error. 

The diffference is significant, over $9000. I am not able to reconcile this difference to other account amounts on the balance sheet. I will test tomorrow and the next day to see if the amount of the difference changes.
  • jheerm4827
    jheerm4827 Member ✭✭
    The version of Quicken I am using is Premier 2020. A month or more ago, I moved records to this version from Premier 2012. The move seems to have been flawless, my accounts agreed precisely between the two versions.

In regard to the File Cleanup suggestion, I will look into this later when I have time.

Thanks very much for every ones' responses.
This discussion has been closed.