First time user can't log in - getting "oops! Something went wrong."

I get this message when I try to log in. This is my first time using. Just downloaded today.

Quicken 2019, Version R20.15
Using Windows 10 Pro.

I just purchased as a download last night.

Comments

• *Sorry, meant to say "Can't" log in. Not "Can" login. Thx.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you getting "Oops, something went wrong"?
    Have you recently enabled a VPN? If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off and see if that helps.

The installation process did not complete. It should have upgraded you to Q 2020 R24.14 (or higher)

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly.

- 2020 ... Release R 24.14 *, https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Please do this:
    Locate the US Mondo Patch file applicable to your version of Quicken in the links above.
    Download it and save it to disk.
    Open the Downloads folder. Right-click the downloaded patch file. Click "Run as Administrator" to execute the installation program.
    This will replace any Quicken software modules with a known consistent release level and, hopefully, eliminate any software corruption or errors during installation as a cause of this issue.

Reboot Windows when done with the above and try Quicken again. You should now be able to register Quicken using your Quicken ID and password.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT - updated topic title to reflect intent

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Hi UKR,

Thank you for your willingness to help. I followed the above steps, and I now have R24.14. But, it did not solve the issue.

Yes, I am getting the error stating"Oops, something went wrong"?

Do you have any other suggestions?

Sincerely,
    Ryan
  • To UKR,

Also, no I do not have a VPN.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @"Ryan_Thomas ,

Have you tried going to:  https://www.quicken.com/  Click on SIGN IN and click My Account using your Browser to see if you can log in via your Browser?

Also which edition of Quicken are you trying to run? Starter for Example.

And see this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

Comment back with additional information.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Hi thecreator,

Thank you for trying to help.

Yes, I am able to log into My Account - Quicken online. And, I purchased "QUICKEN DELUXE 2019 DIRECT DOWNLOAD 1YR."

I did online chat with Quicken tonight and they ended up calling me and screen sharing. He said it was not usual, but they wanted to try to help. We were not successful, but here are several of the things we tried.

1. uninstall/reinstall.
    2. install a patch.
    3. changes to several settings in the Control Panel such as firewall and security settings.
    4. longing into my Windows 10 Pro as another user.

Non of these worked. So, please let me know if you have any additional suggestions.

I'm guessing it is something with my Surface Pro computer or windows, but I don't know were to start.

Thanks,
    Ryan
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the report.

Yes I do have suggestions. Was the only User Windows Account, just created, or has it been around for awhile?

Free Programs: Glary Utilities and CCleaner Free.

Ccleaner Free from:  https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner 

Uninstall Quicken using this procedure and don't reinstall, just yet:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions 

Once Quicken is removed and the folders deleted, run Glary Utilities 1-Click Maintenance with Disk Repair checked.

Run CCleaner using the procedure from the link just above.

Once cleaned, go into the Windows Users Account in the Control Panel.

Create a Brand New Windows User Account with Admin Rights.

Sign out of your current Windows User Account and Sign in into the New Windows Account.

Make sure that you have access to the Quicken Installer from the other Account. If necessary, use an external Hard Drive.

Once you are in the New Account, right-click Start and click on either Command (Admin) or Windows PowerShell (Admin)

Copy this command:    net user administrator /active:yes
    That will turn on the Administrator Account.

This Command will turn it off:   net user administrator /active:no

Once you are in the Administrator Account, install Quicken and see what happens and report back.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Hi The Creator,

Thank you for the detailed help. I started to feel frustrated with this, so I tried another app, and I think I'm going to go with that for now. But, I really appreciate that there are people in the community to help like you.

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.