Why do I not get any report results

Options
I'm using Quicken 2013 Home & Business in Windows 7 on a Mac booted in Windows.

I was trying to see how much I spent at Chipotle restaurants.

I chose the "Itemized Payees" report.
I selected the "categories" tab, cleared all, then selected "Restaurant Food"
I selected the "Payees" tab and selected "Chipotle"
I selected the "Accounts" tab and then selected <my credit card account>
From Date range I selected "Include all Dates"

I get no results.

When I got no results, one of the things I tried was to enter the category (Restaurant Food) and the Payee (Chipotle) on the right side of the window for the Payees tab (after having checked the "Chipotle" box under Payee on the left of that same window.

I checked everything two or three times. I looked at that credit card account and there are many, many entries for Chipotle under the category Restaurant Food. I checked the spelling (quicken offers choices that had previously been used so it's virtually impossible to spell something wrong when one of those is selected.)

I've run into several oddities in the Report section, in general. Shall I just assume this is another (bug) or is there a way around this?

Thanks for any help.

Craig

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does it work if you select something different - all payees for example or a different restaurant?

Or Payee = Chipotle but all accounts instead of just the credit card?

Or Payee = Chipotle but all categories instead of just Restaurant food

Trying different combinations might help uncover the problem.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • imaquickidiot
    Options
    If I select all categories and all accounts, I get results. I still left Chipotle as the only payee on the left and left it in the payee box on the right in the Payees tab.

Thanks for your help. It doesn't expain the bug but as least I got the info I wanted.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think it is a bug, I think it has something to do with your selections. 

If you want to explore further, you can try narrowing down the selections one step at a time to see where you stop getting results.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • imaquickidiot
    Options
    Thanks. I actually did that the first time. I realize there's always a chance I made an error but I used many methods to test (I'm a programmer and do a lot of testing) and always came up with the same thing.

In any event, I got what I needed so we'll never know if I think I'm better than I am. ;)
  • imaquickidiot
    Options
    On design bug, (not a programming bug) is when choosing yearly as the display option, you only have access to the most recent 5 years.

That has nothing to do with my issue above but I thought I'd point it out for the heck of it.
  • imaquickidiot
    Options
    Thanks again for your help, Jim.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    @imaquickenidiot -- The left side and right side selection you made should have been redundant.  If you only check the Chipotle option in the list of payees, you should only get Chipotle payees. If you match those results to Payees containing Chipotle you should not have any filtering done.  

I'll add that while the Payee list checkboxes (and other similar check lists) should be exact, the matching sections for Categories, Payees, Tags, and Memos are subject to wildcard usage.  

Snip from Help

Another recent discussion similarly suggested there may be something amiss with the matching criteria implementation.  Like it was not clear if your "Chipotle" would be treated as needing an exact match, a starts-with, a contains, or something else.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just a reminder ...

Old Quicken Patch downloads 2000+

When running an old, unsupported Quicken for Windows version you may no longer be able to download bug fixes (patch files) directly from Quicken.
    However, until further notice they are still available here:
    US version: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html
    Canadian version: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatchescanadian.html
    If clicking on Help / About Quicken does not show the highest Release number available for your version (year), as shown on this webpage, download and install the appropriate file(s) from the link above.

This discussion has been closed.