How to know how late a tenant is on their payment?

Is it possible? To know how late a tenant is on their payment?

(edited for readability)

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @albator159

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the information for using the rent center available here.

Please let us know if this helps to show you the information you are needing.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • albator159
    albator159 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I have not icons that appear in that section. It's a single unit property. I just started to use the rental property, there is already something the tenant owe for past month, would it show, the icon should show up. Or certain conditions need to be meet.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited January 2020
    Hello @albator159,

Thank you for posting back in with those additional details.

To determine if a rent payment is overdue, you would want to visit the Rent Center.

Along the bottom, there are icons displayed that indicate certain situations, such as "Rent Overdue". You can see these icons displayed next to the Tenant who's rent is overdue.

Additionally, there is a column titled Overdue that will display the amount that is overdue for each tenant.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie 

• albator159
    albator159 Member ✭✭
    Thanks Quicken Nathalie, I do not have the following icons showing. I guess there is a certain condition to have them to appear. I have a rent late (prior of using quicken rental property),

I don't know how I can manually enter it?

What are the condition for those overdue rent to appear?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @albator159

Thank you for the response and for providing more details.

To use the rental property feature, Quicken will need to know about the rental property that you own.  You can add a rental property in Quicken as a single unit or multiunit property. You name the property and its units

Have you already added a property and tenant into Quicken? Please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

If you already have a property and tenants added, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • albator159
    albator159 Member ✭✭
    Have you already added a property and tenant into Quicken?
    YES

If you already have a property and tenants added,
    YES

Here is what it look like - see picture. Aug, I received 0$.

No icon show next to the tenant name.
  • albator159
    albator159 Member ✭✭
    Now icons are showing, but the tenant payed and I entered it, but the overdue still show.
  • Hello @albator159,

Thank you for changing to "Current Month" view and posting back with the results!

At this time, as you're still experiencing difficulties with the Rental Property features in Quicken, I suggest contacting Support directly to receive more advanced help.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Support has access to tools and information that the Community does not have, as well as the ability to screen share with you, and can walk you through everything and help to get this matter resolved for you. 

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie 

• albator159
    albator159 Member ✭✭
    Obviously a bug, because I can see the rent due in Bill and income / Income and transfer. If I enter it there, and go back into the Rental, rent center the bill overdue is gone.
  • vermontproperties
    vermontproperties Member ✭✭
    Is the overdue balance view an automated feature of the application? If no, how do you set it up?

I can see the overdue icons but do not see overdue balance. I was on with support last week and was told I have the latest version of the software.

Is there an issue? Is it known? Will there be a patch?
This discussion has been closed.