Printing a report

Options
I have Quicken Home, Business and Rental 2020.
When I preview a report to print, it is the size of a postage stamp so I cannot see it. When I just bravely hit print it sometimes comes out right on the paper. I cannot change the scale so I can make the larger reports fit on one page. All those options are grayed out on the print screen. I had this problem with Quicken 2018 and I thought it would have been resolved by now with Quicken 2020.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suspect you have a high resoluion monitor and you have adjusted the Windows scaling to make the fonts bigger. Try closing the report then right-click on the Windows desktop. Click on Display Setings and under "Change the size of text..." set it to 100%. Go back to the print preview and see if the report now fills the preview page. Of course now all the other fonts in Quicken will have become uncomfortably small.

Please see this discussion
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20037932#Comment_20037932

QWin Premier subscription
  • bpoland
    bpoland Member ✭✭
    Options
    I checked my Windows scaling and it is set on the recommended font size. I think that Quicken needs to fix this problem since I cannot be the only person that has this problem. I wrote about this problem I think 2 years ago when I had to upgrade my Old Quicken to an annual fee Quicken. Ever since then the printing has been messed up. Something needs to be fixed. I have actually been looking into finding a different program because I have been so frustrated with this problem.
  • bpoland
    bpoland Member ✭✭
    Options
    By the way, I did change the font size for the printing to 10 and the printing worked for just one time. After that it never worked again.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree the print preview scaling is a problem Quicken needs to fix.

In the meantime, to get the preview to work correctly, you need to set the Windows text size to 100% as described above, even if a different percentage is "Recommended"
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.