Quicken new install - activation problem

I have just installed Quicken on a new computer and after opening my file, I get prompted with a login screen in which I enter my credentials.

Right afterwards I get the "If you're seeing this screen it's possible your Quicken subscription is linked to another Quicken ID"

I have tried:
- Reinstalling (using the cleanUI tool as well)
- Tried signing out through the "Sign in as different user" window.

On my profile window I could not see any download links but was able to download using the app.quicken.com bottom download link.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• mbaush
    mbaush Member
    Note that I have another computer running the same Quicken version that seems to run fine.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using the same Quicken ID/password on both computers?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • mbaush
    mbaush Member
    Yes I am, I previously had a hard copy of Quickens 2016, and now using Quicken 2019 starter subscription. I'm unsure if it's any help as it works on my other computer fine. I tried creating a brand new quicken data file, but had the same problem.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Quicken --> Edit --> Preferences --> Quicken ID --> Sign in as a different user

Sign out and back again using your Quicken ID/password.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • mbaush
    mbaush Member
    I'm afraid the Edit menu is not available on this page. Only File and Help. I tried the Begin Activation -> Sign in to another account, but no change.. It always brings be back to the same page asking me to Activate
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    how about....  Help --> About Quicken
    compare to the info to the other computer

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• mbaush
    mbaush Member
    Yes! Thanks so much. It turns out the other computer was running version 2019. Normally with a subscription, I'm supposed to be able to run version 2020 as well right?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where or how did you obtain the Quicken software -
    CD or download - from where ?
    How did you install it on each computer - again, CD or download - from where ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• mbaush
    mbaush Member
    I had the installer « quicken-Canada.exe » still in my Download folder. I copied it over the other computer.
This discussion has been closed.