All of a sudden Payee autofill list is too long

After one of the recent updates my Payee autofill list has become unmanageable. I went into rules and deleted a ton of listing but I'm still seeing things I deleted. I want the old list back!

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Steve Sweitzer

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post this issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you haven't done so already, I would start by restoring a backup from prior to the update.

For steps on restoring a backup please take a moment to review the information available here.

After the file has been restored does this restore the payee list or are there still too many payees?

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • I tried this with the Pre Update backup and it did not solve the problem. There used to be only four or five choices and no duplicates.
  • ldsses
    ldsses Member
    Quicken Deluxe 2020 Version 5.14.3 - After last update when I enter payee dropdown list has payees that are somewhat identical to a correct payee, but lacks information. I have a screenshot but don't know how to attach it to this question.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ldsses

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

May I ask that you navigate to Window > Payees, this will display the payee master list for the file.

Can you confirm if the only payees that have been affected are these "Deposit" payees or do you see several instances?

If it seems that several payees have been affected this way, I would recommend restoring a backup file from prior to the update being installed.

To learn more about restoring a backup file, please see the steps and information available here.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • ldsses
    ldsses Member
    Thank you for getting back to me. Attached is from the Windows Payee screen:
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the response and for including a screenshot of the payee list.

To clarify, are you missing payees altogether or is information from the payee listed?

If information is missing, can you please provide an example of what the payee should be listed as?

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • ldsses
    ldsses Member
    The Payee List is correct. The dropdown list in the register view, when I start typing has the extra "Payees" listed (initial screenshot I sent with my question). Previously, when I started typing in the Register Payee, only the Payees in my saved group (last screenshot I sent) would populate.
This discussion has been closed.