Validate corrupts the "Manage Bill & Reminders Database

Ever since I upgraded to Quicken for Windows V2020 R24.14 Build 27.1.24.14, everytime I run the Validate or Super Validate function, the Bills and Reminders Database gets corrupted with several entries (that do not match any actual Reminders) that have a "Done" status, a "None" Due date, a blank pay To/Receive From field and an unknown dollar amount. The number of bogues entries changes from validate to validate.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem. Deleting the bogus entries does not help and they will reappear on the vext Validate.

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Validation does not corrupt your data, it uncovers and attempts to correct the underlying issue. You are seeing data corruption that validate cannot correct. Your only recourse is to restore back to a data file that does not exhibit this condition when you run validation.
    This is why I run validation regularly to catch any corruption before it ages for long.
  • John Nastasi
    John Nastasi Member ✭✭✭
    GeoffG, the problem started to occur after the R24.14 Build 27.1.24.14 update. I run validate after each daily backup and did not have any corruption problems prior to the update. The number of bogus reminders updates has increased over the last few weeks. Just a note, prior to a One Step Update I get this from Validate:

File: "C:\Users\XXXXX\Desktop\Quicken 2020\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    No errors.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Mon Feb 10 10:36:45 2020]
    1 scheduled transactions corrected
    Validation has completed.

After THE OSU I get no bogus entries in any of my registers and Validate shows:

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:

[Mon Feb 10 10:45:08 2020]

After validation I got 4 entries in one of my registers and a corresponding number of bogus entries in Bills & Reminders. Please see the attached picture.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using online billers? Are you syncing to cloud services?
  • John Nastasi
    John Nastasi Member ✭✭✭
    Yes I use online billers. I do not sync to cloud services.
    Thanks for the help
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have used online billers - twice and both times experienced corruption issues. I was really excited about this feature, but won't risk data corruptions as a result. I've since migrated to using auto-pay for all services that offer the option. Simplifies payments and less repetitive motion. I simply edit the due dates and amounts from the received emails.
  • John Nastasi
    John Nastasi Member ✭✭✭
    I've always used online biller's without any problems. This one is a new problem I think.
  • John Nastasi
    John Nastasi Member ✭✭✭
    ok, today I did my qork on qwin Business & Rental property, Completed an OSU, everything was great including the Bills & Reminders. Completed a backup, and then completed a Validate. Following is the validate report:
    [Wed Feb 12 08:28:49 2020]

File: "C:\Users\jnast\Desktop\Quicken 2020\.........John"

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:

[Wed Feb 12 08:30:38 2020]
    1 scheduled transactions corrected

Checked the Bills and Reminders and now there are 20 corrupted transactions.
    The 20 bogus transactions were entered into my savings account with a date, no payee and the amount of the Bills & Reminders (see the attached screen shot).

the problem started to occur after the R24.14 Build 27.1.24.14 update

Anyone have any idea as to what is going on? Why is Validate entering transactions into a register? Clean data base into Validate... Garbage database after the Validate!

Grrrrr.....
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hello @John Nastasi

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

This question would best be answered by Quicken support.

Contact Support

Quicken Care has the tools to initiate a screen share to view the issue and research further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Ann Arbor
    Ann Arbor Member ✭✭
    I had a similar problem and finally fixed it. Upcoming Bills would get corrupted if I ran the One Step Update and then ran Validation. After running Validation and deleting all the "None" entries, a second Validation run was clean. If I did another One Step Update, the "None" entries would show up again.

I deactivated all the accounts and activated them again one by one. This step cleaned up the file. Previously, I had also deleted all the Bills. But this step alone did not fix anything. I don't know if deactivating alone would have also fixed the problem.

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.