How Can I show all the Transactions belonging to an Address Group

BRETTB
BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
Is there a quick way to find all the transactions for an Address Group.

I have an address Group called 1099 Vendors and looking to find all the transactions for my address Group totaled by Vendor.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @BRETTB,

I just want to make sure I understand what you mean by "Address Group"  - in Quicken are these entered  as "Categories", "Payees" or "Tags"?

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Address Groups would seem to be a very rarely used feature.  Indeed, I don't know of anywhere they are used other than possibly in selecting for organization or printing of the address book.  I also have never used the address groups.  

So, no, I don't think there is any way to take that information to a report filter.   
  • BRETTB
    BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
    The Address Groups of Address Book. I looking at the best way to do 1099 with Quicken Home and Business. I don't want to use Quickbooks.

So I thought i would create a address book group called "1099" - I have fewer than 8 to do and thought I might get a quick total for year.

I have created a few sub categories ":1099 Misc Non Employee" to quickly put together a Last Year Report based upon the Payee Report. Looks like I could put "1099" in memo field as another way to create a report quickly across multiple categories.

I think I can go back into the Address book and use the ID field for soc sec # and the misc1 for last yr total then export to create 1099s.

Kind of a pain unless some one knows a better way or I'm missing the feature within Quicken Home and Business.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRETTB said:
    I have created a few sub categories ":1099 Misc Non Employee" to quickly put together a Last Year Report based upon the Payee Report. Looks like I could put "1099" in memo field as another way to create a report quickly across multiple categories.
    Your phrase "a few sub categories" caught my eye.  Generally I have found using tags more effective than duplicate subcategories.  As a simple example, having tags of Son and  Daughter is better for me than have categories:subcategories of Insurance:Son, Insurance:Daughter, Phone:Son, Phone:Daughter, Gifts:Son, Gifts:Daughter, Medical:Doctor:Son, Medical:Doctor:Daughter, etc. 

You can generate a report based on tags.  
  • BRETTB
    BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Yes Tag would be great but I'm already using the TAG to separate by multiple properties where say sharing a common vendor.

If they allowed multiple tags same transaction that would be ideal for many situations.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Multiple tags on a single transaction are allowed. 
  • BRETTB
    BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
    How do I > @q_lurker said:
    > Multiple tags on a single transaction are allowed. 

How is this done with one transaction amount, say two tags? Do I use a comma or something else?

Are you talking about split transaction (different line items with its own amounts) which basically a separate transaction.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for a good answer, @Jim_Harman

My spending accounts are setup without the Tag 'column, so I use the format 
    Category/Tag1:Tag2 in the category field when I have multiple tags.  

I don't find the tags to be case-sensitive when I type them in.  
  • BRETTB
    BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
    > @Jim_Harman said:
    > To use multiple tags with a transaction, click the Multiple tags button at the bottom of the dropdown and select the ones you want to use. In investing accounts, you must type the tag names separated by a colon. Typed in tag names are case sensitive I think.
    >
    > If a transaction has multiple tags at the transaction level, it will show on reports on a separate line like Tag1:Tag2.
    >
    > If the report is customized to include just one of the tags, the combination line will still show separately if either of the tags is selected.
    >
    > A transaction with multiple tags is only included once in the report  

Thanks Jim - Exactly what I was looking for. I guess I was blind not seeing that.
    Gives me a little more flexibility. I will bookmark.
This discussion has been closed.