How do I stop Quicken (Deluxe 2020) from asking for a password on startupo?

I don't use Quicken's online features. Just recently it began asking for my Quicken password when I start a session. How do I stop this? It is a box labeled "Enter Quicken Online password". I've looked at all the startup preferences and can't find one that seems to fit. I think it terribly presumptuous for Quicken to think that they need to do this without an option to turn it on or off. It just started doing this a few months ago.
Tagged:

Comments

• Eric Johnson
    Eric Johnson Member ✭✭
    Just had a thought. I recently moved my data files and back-ups to Drive D:. So, since that is where the program has to go to find the datafiles, could that be interpreted as an online bank? The move to Drive D and the start of asking for the password started about the same time.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Eric Johnson

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you haven't done so already, please start by signing out and signing back in.

In the Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID Sync & Alerts section, click the blue link that says “Sign in as a different user”.  

2.  A window will open asking you to confirm that you want to sign out, type “Yes” in the box and click OK.

3.  Quicken will refresh and show a blank sign-in screen, when it does, close and re-open Quicken.  

4.  Sign in with the same Quicken ID username and password.

Once the sign has been completed, please close and reopen Quicken and let me know if you are still prompted to sign in.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Have you selected Scheduled updates? If so, every time you reboot you need to sign in to activate the update process. The move to drive D is unrelated to your issue.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @""Eric Johnson" ,

@Quicken_Tyka solution is correct, however the reason is occurred is that you moved the Data Files to a New location. It is also going to happen again, when a hidden token expires. When that occurs, it will ask again for the password.

When you allow the membership to expire, updates will stop. And you will lose space, due to ADS.

See this Idea:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7720791/quicken-inc-should-eliminate-or-minimize-the-large-popup-with-expiration-107-legacy-votes/p1

It is NOT PLANNED. If the computer loses the Internet Connection, when the Token expires, you may lose access to Data File, until the Internet is restored.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.