Quicken Willmaker 2020

Does anyone have any experience using this product? Is the Mac Version up to speed with the features of the PC version? It is affiliated with Quicken? Does it import data from Quicken for Mac?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    This software isn't created or sold by Quicken. I'd guess that they licensed the name from Intuit years ago, but have no more relationship with Quicken's software than Quicken Loans (another former Intuit holding which now shares only the licensing of the name).

As for importing data, I doubt it -- but what data would you want imported from Quicken into your will? Even for asset distribution, you're either going to specify exact amounts or percentages of your estate, which doesn't require you asset values as of some time in the past.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    This software isn't created or sold by Quicken. I'd guess that they licensed the name from Intuit years ago, but have no more relationship with Quicken's software than Quicken Loans (another former Intuit holding which now shares only the licensing of the name).

As for importing data, I doubt it -- but what data would you want imported from Quicken into your will? Even for asset distribution, you're either going to specify exact amounts or percentages of your estate, which doesn't require you asset values as of some time in the past.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • @RGH
    @RGH Member
    Thanks Jacobs, Not essential, but I thought it might grab retirement account names, investment account names, real estate names, mortgages, etc. to populate a complete list of holding that roll up to the net worth report for trust &/or will purposes. It is all right there for trained or organized user to include, but if it was affiliated, or had ever been, then I was hoping it might pre-populate some things in the process. Thanks for asking and thanks for answering!
This discussion has been closed.