Can someone help with the issues I have with Sync?

Options
After downloading and reconciling the accounts with the bank download, I have to adjust the balance everyday. I noticed reconciled transactions are added in the account, not coming from the bank, they just appear. Adjustment done, corrections done (deleting the double transactions), closing the app, sync, the next day the balance is different.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You are evidently reconciling to the online balance provided by the financial institution (FI).  Have you checked to make sure that the balance provided is correct for the transactions that have been downloaded?
    FIs have been known to include pending transactions (but not yet downloaded) in that balance, they have messed it up by not including that day's downloads in the balance, but if you went a few days with nothing to download, it would be right.
    My advice is to not set Quicken to use the online balance to automatically reconcile after downloading and I bet your issue goes away.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Marianne Flambert
    Options
    Splasher, thank you for your prompt answer. I don't have the automatic reconcile on. I do check the balance provided for the transactions downloaded. But I really think there is an issue with not only the online banking download but also with the sync part. I haven't sync today. I had to delete a couple payments that were double and added in quicken a few days ago, but also a deposit added on Feb 1. As I said I download the transactions and match them everyday, so that second deposit just appeared from nowhere. Since I switched to the 2020 quicken version I have problems.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you using QMobile/QWeb?  Do you have Quicken automatically enter the transactions when they are downloaded?
    Personally, I enter some transactions manually (my bill pay via my cu transactions) and I have a few transactions (retirement/ssa) entered via reminders, otherwise, everything is downloaded and individually reviewed/accepted from the Downloaded Transactions tab.  I have no issues with the correct ones matching up to the manual transactions and my balances are never wrong.

• Marianne Flambert
    Options
    I have QMobile on my phone just to check, I don't enter transactions on my phone on QMobile. No, the transactions are not automatically entered when downloaded. VA, retirement, SSA are entered via reminders, payments are entered manually, I have very few transactions downloaded that I don't have a match for it in quicken. The transfers I make to my savings accounts are usually the ones that are affected. However, I had that double entry for DFAS this month. I had saved a copy of the register report into Excel spreadsheet and I found that transactions was from March 2019. So, the program is moving my transactions around or multiplying or deleting. I never had that issue when I was using the 2017 version until January this year. I'm going to stop the sync for awhile and see if this is the issue. Thanks for your help.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have QMobile on my phone just to check, I don't enter transactions on my phone on QMobile. No, the transactions are not automatically entered when downloaded. VA, retirement, SSA are entered via reminders, payments are entered manually, I have very few transactions downloaded that I don't have a match for it in quicken. The transfers I make to my savings accounts are usually the ones that are affected. However, I had that double entry for DFAS this month. I had saved a copy of the register report into Excel spreadsheet and I found that transactions was from March 2019. So, the program is moving my transactions around or multiplying or deleting. I never had that issue when I was using the 2017 version until January this year. I'm going to stop the sync for awhile and see if this is the issue. Thanks for your help.
    Not syncing is not enough, as long as the Quicken Cloud Account (QCA) is setup with accounts synced to it, the QCA goes out and does it own update from the financial institution and then tries during the sync to merge that information.
    To completely stop the syncing, you need to delete the QCA.
    To delete/un-sync the QCA,
    1. create a new file with a single cash account 
    2. open that file, then go to Edit->Preferences->Cloud Accounts
    3. click on "Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken Id
    4. select your original data file
    5. click Delete, confirm the deletion
    6. from the File Menu, select your original data file from the recent files list
    7. Keep the temp file around in case you need it again in the future
    If you are asked if you want QMobile activated for this data file, select NO.  If you check at Edit->Preferences->Quicken Id, it should have a "Get Started" button for setting up QMobile to indicate that the syncing process has been terminated.  
    If you look to see if a QCA still exists, you will find that it does, but EVERY file has a QCA which holds Quicken Id account information about your subscription and no financial information.

• Marianne Flambert
    Options
    Thanks I'll do that.
This discussion has been closed.