Is there an easy way to make a report of income for the year instead of all the categories?

I wish categories had visible income or expense designations as I am customizing a report.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It sounds like you already know that you can customize a Transaction Report to contain only Income categories. But the problem is having to go through and identify which ones to turn off and which ones to keep enabled? 

But does it matter? If you generate a Transaction Report with all categories, the top level sections are Income and Expense. You can collapse the Expense section so you are only seeing the Income part. Does that help?

If not, perhaps another approach would be to do this in the register instead of a report. Go to the All Transactions register and click the Income tab. You'll now be seeing only income transactions. Set the Date filter as desired. Then you have a couple of options:

1. Print the register. You will be able to choose to organize the printout as Transaction Detail or Category Detail. You can actually print it, or save it as a PDF file if desired.
    2. Export the register to a .CSV file (menu File > Export > Register Transactions) which you can then open in Excel or Numbers and refine the formatting as desired.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • thanks I will try those . I did go through the categories and make a saved report for next tax season.
  • Please just have Quicken add a button to select all income or all expense categories like there was in QM2007!! Super simple and makes life easier. Clicking all those little boxes all the time is tedious and error-prone.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    RickO said:
    It sounds like you already know that you can customize a Transaction Report to contain only Income categories. But the problem is having to go through and identify which ones to turn off and which ones to keep enabled?  But does it matter? If you generate a Transaction Report with all categories, the top level sections are Income and Expense. You can collapse the Expense section so you are only seeing the Income part.
    Yes -- EXCEPT that you can't print it that way. Printing a report doesn't honor any collapsing a user has done on screen. I think this is a major miss in the new reports engine.

@Scott Schmidt You should create a new Idea post for this: show Income versus Expenses in the reports Account picker, and provide a button to select all Income or select all Expenses.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.