Cloud sync error - illegal operation: {0}

Options
I'm having trouble syncing my desktop to the cloud. Transactions entered on my mobile are not appearing on my desktop. On the desktop, every time I go to Mobile & Web > Sync Now I get the following error:

The desktop transaction in "Account Name" on "01/14/2020" for $1234 was not synced. Illegal Operation: {0}

This particular transaction that it is referring to is a re-occurring paycheck that's setup in Bill Management.

I then get brought to the Quicken Cloud Sync Errors dialoag box that lists the same error in the Description column. The Repair column is empty. If I click Apply Now, it tries to re-sync again and I end up with the same error. If I click Later, it closes the dialog.

I've tried deleting and manually recreating that deposit (which is really a pain to do so as it is a paycheck entry). That seems to "fix" it for one entry but then cloud sync fails on the same paycheck but different date.

I tried clicking on Chat with Support, but the webpage won't load. Do they have set support hours and that's why the page is failing to load?

Any ideas on what the problem really is here and how I go about fixing it?

thank you for any help.
Carissa

Quicken - Deluxe
Year: 2020
Version: R25.10
Build: 27.1.25.10
Running on Windows 10 Pro

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't already, I suggest you reset your cloud data: https://www.quicken.com/support/troubleshooting-quicken-mobile-companion-app

• CarissaM
    CarissaM Member ✭✭
    Options
    That allowed me to sync - I had reset it before but it never allowed sync to complete successfully.

The reset found 5 errors all with the error "The transaction entered from your mobile device in "account" on "date" to "payee" for $### appears to be a duplicate of a transaction already entered in your desktop software. Delete or ignore the duplicate transaction and try again."

Good thing I took a screenshot. I deleted all 5 as that was the suggested repair. My accounts were now all out of sync. Took me about an hour to fix. Those entries that it flagged were not actually duplicates, so I had to manually restore the transactions. I did find other transactions duplicated. These are monthly reoccurring bills that were all flagged - not transactions that I would have entered from the mobile app. So I have no idea how/why these transactions were flagged as duplicates when they were not, but different transactions were duplicated with no error presented to me.

I just had to go re-reconcile 3 accounts from 2017 to present. To get this all fixed. Not how I wanted to spend my previous hour.

How do I ensure that this doesn't keep reoccurring? This error seems to crop up on me on a regular basis. I don't want to have to keep deleting and re-reconciling transactions over and over. :(

thank you!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    CarissaM said:

How do I ensure that this doesn't keep reoccurring? This error seems to crop up on me on a regular basis. I don't want to have to keep deleting and re-reconciling transactions over and over. :(

When you make changes to a data set in the Quicken Cloud using Quicken Mobile or Quicken on the Web, always sync with the data set before making any changes to the data file.
This discussion has been closed.