Quicken (R25.10) Crashes when I click on the Video Icon on Home Page (Main View)

crwalejr
crwalejr Member ✭✭✭✭
Quicken (R25.10) Crashes when I click on the Video Icon on Home Page (Main View). Quicken completely closes and a crash report is sent. Any one else having this issue?

Best Answer

• crwalejr
    crwalejr Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Well guys it looks like the problem has disappeared. I uninstalled quicken again and reinstalled. The problem has disappeared even with the new update. I don't have a clue why but it works now. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hello @crwalejr

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

I am unable to recreate this issue and do not experience a crash when selecting the video icon on the home page.

As a test, may I ask that you select the (+) sign to add an account and select the video icon listed there?

I am curious if the crashing is specific to the one video on the home screen or if any video will cause a crash.

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just read this and tried it myself from the Home tab, My Money view. The Video Help screen loaded (took a few seconds) and ran an introductory video. No crashes.

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• crwalejr
    crwalejr Member ✭✭✭✭
    quicken tyka: It is too late as I have removed quicken R.25.10 and reinstalled it. As others stated, it appears that the issue lies with the latest version 25.10. When I reinstalled Quicken the version number was 24.14. it would not update to 25.10. By way of reference though, the program would crash everytime I would click on the Camera icon on the home page of R25.10. It was always repeatable. Since I reinstalled Quicken to R24.14 the issue no longer exists.
  • crwalejr
    crwalejr Member ✭✭✭✭
    First of all I want to thank all those that are trying to help. It is appreciated. By the way, I am not a novice at Quicken as I was a beta tester for over 10 years and only stopped beta testing since they went subscription based. So, here are all the things I have tried.

1. I removed quicken R.25.10 and reinstalled to Version 24.14. I validated and supervalidated the data file with no errors found to the file while in the Version 24.14. When I did the above, the issue no longer exists. Everything works perfectly.

2. Next I updated the program again to R25.10. The issue I originally had came back. I validated and supervalidated the original file with no errors found. I closed quicken and reopened. Problem is still there.

3. Next, I created a new file and called it Test. I added four accounts to the test file. The issue went away with the new data file. So I then reopened my original file and the problem is still there using that file.

4. Next, I restored an old backup of my original data file that I had long before the upgrade. The problem is there no matter how far back I go.

So, here is the dilemma. What happened in the R25.10 version that is causing the problem with my file? The file works works fine with the previous version of Quicken regardless of any data file I use.
  • crwalejr
    crwalejr Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Well guys it looks like the problem has disappeared. I uninstalled quicken again and reinstalled. The problem has disappeared even with the new update. I don't have a clue why but it works now. Thanks for all the suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.