Check writing?

When I get down to the 1 check in a sheet it will not print on my HP printer. Is there a better printer that works with Quicken?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HP printers work WELL with Q, all versions both Win and Mac.
    SO, have you gone thru the FILE, Printer Setup routines???
    And by "1 check in a sheet" do you mean that you have 2 or more checks on the sheet, but you only want to print 1?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming that you are using 3-per-page personal-size Wallet checks or business-size Standard checks and you're having problems printing a partial page with only 1 check left:
    Try feeding the partial page sideways.

Or you can use form leaders to feed your printer with a proper 8.5x11 sheet while printing a partial 1- or 2-checks page in normal portrait orientation.

See https://intuitmarket.intuit.com/fsg/businesschecks/formleaders.aspx for an example of form leaders. Check your local office supply store, search on the Internet or order from Intuit.

My 2cents' worth:
    I use Voucher checks (1 business size check + 2 stubs on an 8.5x11 sheet). My printers do not have a manual feed tray or 2nd paper tray that can easily be reconfigured to feed partial pages (1 or 2 checks left from a 3-checks-per-page sheet), so for my occasional check printing needs voucher checks are easiest to use.
    When considering your own check stock to use, consider how easy or difficult it is to feed special forms or odd-size partial pages into your printer when making a purchase decision for a new supply of checks.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    NotACPA said:
    HP printers work WELL with Q, all versions both Win and Mac.
    Make that "Older HP printers". There have been several recent reports that newer HPs won't print a lone check because the paper size is sensed and rejected.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.