Why does Quicken R25.10 open with background logon screen for Quicken.com* ?

Answers

• JPW
    JPW Member ✭✭
    Now when I open Quicken, a Quicken.com sign in screen is popping up and then my regular sign in box pops up in front of it. I sign in as normal and eventually the Quicken.com sign in screen disappears and the program opens but this slows the whole start up process.
  • wickerberry
    wickerberry Member ✭✭
    This did not work for me and I still get the enter ID and password screen. Hopefully the developers will see this problem and correct at the source.
  • MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to say it didn't work for me either.
    I tried several variations: since I usually close Quicken with the X in the upper right, I tried closing with File -> Exit. Also, I have it remind me to save a backup every time I exit, so I tried turning the reminder off. I also tried starting off with a new test file.
    I still always get the ID/password screen in the background when the file is password protected.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All,

If my procedure, did not work, then remove the File Password.
    Do A Manual Backup of the File, without a File Password.

Now perform this procedure:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

When the Data File is restored, add your Quicken File Password, back in.

Somehow, your installation got corrupted.

Download Glary Utilities from: https://www.glarysoft.com/

Run 1-Click Maintenance with Disk Repair check. Before clicking on Repair Issues, look at the Report, if it shows 1 error, next to Disk Repair.

Example:

Volume label is Win10pro.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...

550912 file records processed.                                                       

File verification completed.

22527 large file records processed.                                  

0 bad file records processed.                                    

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...

71243 reparse records processed.                                     

Index entry edb.jtx in index $I30 of file 29CC is incorrect.
    Index entry edb01123.jtx in index $I30 of file 29CC is incorrect.
    Index entry WI880E~1.ETL in index $I30 of file 12F2A is incorrect.
    Index entry Glary Utilities 5Update.20200211.172847.732.10.etl in index $I30 of file 12F2A is incorrect.
    Index entry updatestore51b519d5-b6f5-4333-8df6-e74d7c9aead4.xml in index $I30 of file 2E85E is incorrect.
    Index entry UPDATE~1.XML in index $I30 of file 2E85E is incorrect.

744994 index entries processed.                                                      

Index verification completed.

Errors found.  Glary Utilities 5 cannot continue in read-only mode.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CheckDisk found 1 disk errors as follows:
    C:\

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• clefurgy
    clefurgy Member ✭✭
    My problem is similar except I'm getting a blank sign-in screen after I complete the file password dialog. This sign-on screen doesn't go away. If I complete the sign-in I get a screen telling me I have an active subscription giving me the option to complete downloading. When I take the option, it downloads another Quicken.exe file that does all the same things after I install it.

In addition, the window title has changed to Home, Business and Rental property instead of Premiere. When I log in to my account on quicken.com it still shows that I'm a Premier customer. How did I end up with Home, Business and Rental Property?

I'm dead in the water. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling/UIclean to no avail. Support doesn't have a clue. How can I reinstall r24.14? Would it help if I did?
  • William Ahlstrom
    William Ahlstrom Member ✭✭✭
    Go to either of these web sites and install mondo 24.11

http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html

https://www.quicken.com/support/patching-updates-windows

Install as Administrator!
  • clefurgy
    clefurgy Member ✭✭
    Sorry, this didn't work either. Still thinks my product is Home, Business and Rental Property. Still get the Welcome to Quicken sign-in which leads to another Quicken sign-in screen which leads to a Quicken Setup screen that downloads another Quicken.exe file. Same problem as with R25.10
  • thecreator

• clefurgy
    clefurgy Member ✭✭
    I tried most of this yesterday working with support. So far to no avail. None of problems I described occurred before R25.10 Something in that release is causing Quicken to think I subscribed to a product other than Premiere, namely Quicken for Business, Home and Rental Property. That's why I get the Welcome to Quicken sign-on screen when I activate Quicken. For some people this apparently goes away after a few seconds. For me, it stays. When I log on to my account on quicken.com it still shows me as a Premiere customer.

Not sure how any of this happened, but don't think uninstalling/reinstalling using the referenced procedure is going to help. May try again anyway. I'll even re-buy Premier if that's the only way out.
  • Don Bartenstein
    Don Bartenstein Member ✭✭✭✭
    Windows 10, Quicken R25.10

Every time I start Quicken I get prompted for the password for my data file which is fine and as it should be. I also, however, get a nagging screen in the background that wants me to enter my Quicken ID and password. Even if I enter them, the damn screen won't go away and it back the next time I open the program.
  • thecreator
    Windows 10, Quicken R25.10

Every time I start Quicken I get prompted for the password for my data file which is fine and as it should be. I also, however, get a nagging screen in the background that wants me to enter my Quicken ID and password. Even if I enter them, the damn screen won't go away and it back the next time I open the program.
    Hi @""Don Bartenstein" ,

You are getting the screen, which I see.My Quicken Data File Name is different from yours. The Name of my file, is my first name, then 2020. So if you rename your Quicken Data File to simply "Don 2020" and if you are showing the file name extension, it looks like "Don 2020.qdf" using File Explorer.

Also, after entering your File Password, does the Quicken User ID and password field, go away?

If you can get into Quicken, click Edit to Preferences.

Click on Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts.
    Does it show your Quicken ID and Email being the same?
    Does it show your Address information?

Does your File Password contain Special Characters?

• thecreator
    clefurgy said:
    I tried most of this yesterday working with support. So far to no avail. None of problems I described occurred before R25.10 Something in that release is causing Quicken to think I subscribed to a product other than Premiere, namely Quicken for Business, Home and Rental Property. That's why I get the Welcome to Quicken sign-on screen when I activate Quicken. For some people this apparently goes away after a few seconds. For me, it stays. When I log on to my account on quicken.com it still shows me as a Premiere customer.

Not sure how any of this happened, but don't think uninstalling/reinstalling using the referenced procedure is going to help. May try again anyway. I'll even re-buy Premier if that's the only way out.

I have Quicken Home & Business Subscription Product, myself and don't have the problems that you are seeing.

I use both Glary Utilities from:  https://www.glarysoft.com/
    and CCleaner Free from:  https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner

and make sure of them daily.

Use your Browser, not Quicken.
    Have you logged into: https://www.quicken.com/ My Account to see the information in there?
    Does it show the correct Quicken Edition of Premier and the correct Active until date?

• MHSwizzleStick
    Hi All,

If my procedure, did not work, then remove the File Password.
    Do A Manual Backup of the File, without a File Password.

Now perform this procedure:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions
    ... (remainder cut to save space)
    I tried all this. No change. Glary Utilities says no problems found (or words to that effect). I dunno, maybe I missed a step...
    Again, this is not a problem for me. I can just ignore the ID/password prompts in the background window and it goes away by itself. I just thought I'd give your suggestion a try.

• I also have the same issue with subscribing to deluxe but it shows me having the rental business version, which is not even an option on their website. Im not sure that it makes sense to be paying for a subscription when it can't be used, and good luck with that 30-day money back guarantee, impossible.
    It was such a good product. too bad.
  • they say it must be an old unpaid for version of windows that is doing the blocking. frustrating.
  • CagivaRider
    CagivaRider Member ✭✭
    Since the last Quicken update (R25.10 - 27.1.25.10), I get two login requests - the usual form to enter the data file password and another, new one - "Welcome to Quicken". The "Welcome to Quicken" form goes away once I complete the other form. How can I get rid of the "Welcome to Quicken" form opening every time I run Quicken?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    clefurgy said:

The identification of Home, Business & Rental Property is temporary while Quicken starts and before it actually notices which edition you really own. (It's all one program, just various features get activated based on what you paid for.) I don't think it's a cause of the sign-on screen problem, I think it's a side-effect which can be ignored.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Hassayampa Slim
    Hassayampa Slim Member ✭✭✭
    Right behind the red Quicken Data Password request, a screen is asking for my Quicken ID. I enter the Data Password and then usually the Quicken ID request disappears. This is happening every time I launch Quicken since the last update.
  • thecreator
    Hi @CagivaRider ,

I have Quicken 2020 R25.10 running without a File Password and I don't get the Welcome to Quicken  background.

Questions: When you install Quicken Subscription, the very first time, did you need to enter an activation key? Since you install the product with an activation key, did you ever reinstall the product?

Also please review this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

• CagivaRider
    CagivaRider Member ✭✭
    I think I had to enter the activation key this last update.
  • miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited February 2020
    Sounds like this new unsolved bug

[removed self-referencing link]
  • thecreator
    Hi @CagivaRider ,

Like I said, when I made use the File Password, I experienced no problems with Patch 25.10.

Review this procedure and do not skip a step. Every step is important: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

Also, once you have uploaded the Files to Quicken, go into your folder where the Data File is located and delete those logs.

G:\My Documents\Quicken

My Documents is located on its own partition. If I had to restore the operating system, I could without losing My Documents.

Please report back, afterwards or with Questions.

• andyross
    andyross Member ✭✭
    Since the 25.10 update, Quicken is rather slow to start up and accept my login password to my database. I do NOT have sync enabled. Further, there is now a login screen that takes several seconds to show up behind that password prompt for a Quicken ID login. Until that background updates, anything I type is ignored before the local database login. Once I log into the local database, there is nothing about a Quicken ID login.
  • CagivaRider
    CagivaRider Member ✭✭
    After jumping through all the hoops from ( https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions), I still get the additional login screen.

I give up. I will just ignore it and hope a patch comes down the line to correct the problem.
  • thecreator
    Hi @CagivaRider ,

Did you use CCleaner Free?

Did you download and install the new Installer from your Account at:  https://www.quicken.com/ My Account?

• i haven't tried cccleaner yet, i will try that, nothing else has worked. i wish i could just install from an old disc and use it for a checkbook register :(
  • Bobbo
    Bobbo Member ✭✭✭
    Lately when I open Quicken Deluxe on desktop PC what I will call a web-based sign in page pops up under my "Enter Data File Password" popup. I enter my password to access my data file, like I have been doing for 20 years, and I don't do anything else. After a few seconds the other sign in page disappears disappears. Seems like this started to happen after last Quicken update. Currently on R25.10 Build 27.1.25.10. Any thoughts, anyone?
  • thecreator
    Hi @Bobbo ,

When you installed Quicken Subscription, did you have to activated it?

If you activated it, did you ever reinstall the program?

• MHSwizzleStick
    edited March 2020
    Sounds like you might be describing the issue being discussed in this thread:
    [removed self-referencing link]
  • Bobbo
    Bobbo Member ✭✭✭
    thecreator,

Bobbo here. I did have to activate the subscription when I installed it, but that was 11 months ago and the problem only started recently. I did not reinstall the program.

MHSwizzleStick,

I wasn't aware of the thread, but somehow my question is at the end of it! Seems like I'm not the only one with this issue.
This discussion has been closed.