Income not showing on P&L Statement

I set up a new business file and recorded all transactios to date. When I do a P&L statement the income does not show, only a zero for income. Any suggestions what to check?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jbirkes
    Jbirkes Member
    Answer ✓
    I went back, redefined the tax status as Schedule C, and that solved the problem. thanks for all the feedback.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you assigned BUSINESS tax lines to all of your business oriented categories and sub-cats?
    Q doesn't understand the account or category names that you use, and SOLELY uses the tax line assignments to determine what is a "business" income or expense.
    Also, did you include all of your accounts?  As "business" transactions can, in Q, appear in any account.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

To check the tax line assignment open the Category list by either clicking on the Category Icon or go to Tools-Category List or Ctrl+Shift+C.  Then select the category and right click on it to Edit it.  Click on the Tax Reporting Tab and check the box for Tax related and pick a Schedule C: tax line item.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Jbirkes
    Jbirkes Member
    My income categories all have tax lines identified as "other income" but still they don't register.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have to have tax lines as schedule C to show up as Business

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Jbirkes
    Jbirkes Member
    Thanks for your responses. My income categories do have Schedule C tax lines. Interesting, they show up on the cash flow reports, but not on the P&L.
  • Jbirkes
    Jbirkes Member
    Answer ✓
    I went back, redefined the tax status as Schedule C, and that solved the problem. thanks for all the feedback.
This discussion has been closed.