Can't add my First Federal of Dunn, NC business account

ppapineau
ppapineau Member ✭✭
First I don't understand the setup. Why does it never ask for my account # before searching for my account?
I'm trying to add First Federal BUSINESS (they have business and personal) of Dunn, NC account. I find First Federal of Dunn nc, but then it asks for my ID and Pass word. They don't work. Since the program hasn't asked for my account number, how can it be looking for my account with just the user name and password.

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi "@ppapineau"

In the set-up routine, you need to enter your "User ID" or "User Name" "for your online... account" - and then enter your password for that "online account - that's because Quicken uses that information to connect with the bank and locate your account and doesn't use your account number.  And if you think about it - your account number can be known by a lot of people (e.g. - people you give a check to) whereas your log-in details are typically only known to you and the bank's systems.

That being said - I really can't tell you why the online set-up routine isn't working for you.  But if you provide us with this information:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

And if you tell us what happens when the set-up process stops working, we'll try our best to help you out.

Thanks,
    Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• ppapineau
    ppapineau Member ✭✭
    I think the problem is that, when you go to the First Federal of Dunn web site, you have to then select Personal or Business. The Quicken setup does not allow me to select either and is, I think, selecting Personal by default. My account is Business.
    Any ideas on a fix?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay - let's do a test.  Go to the bank's website and - without touching the Personal or Business box - enter your user name and password.  Let us know what happens...

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you have to ask the bank to add business accounts so you can download it, if they even allow it.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• ppapineau
    ppapineau Member ✭✭
    Frankx. I went to the website. Without doing anything else, I entered the ID and password. Rejected.
    The website opens with "personal" in the account box. If I down arrow that to business, everything works.
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Your bank may have Quicken access only for personal accounts. You may want to call them to confirm whether or not business accounts work for Quicken (my guess is that they don't).
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hi @ppapineau,

Okay - so we have determined that you won't be able to sign-up for Quicken downloads because your bank's website has that business/personal switch.  I think that you should contact the bank and determine whether they permit Quicken connections for business accounts and if they do, have them assist with the account set-up. 

I guess you could also switch the account to a personal account, but that may have other implications that won't permit it.

Let me know how it goes with the bank.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.