When viewing a current budget, some of the budgeting amounts show the wrong amounts

I'm trying to print off a current monthly budget for a report for a meeting, but the budget line is showing an incorrect amount. At first I thought I had messed up when inputting the numbers into the budget. I went to the planning tab and checked and the numbers where what they were supposed to be, but when I pull up the report, they show different. For example, I have a income line that is $200 every month with no rollover. In January is shows the correct amount of $200 but in February it shows $172.41. Does anyone know how to fix this? Is this a bug or is there a weird setting somewhere I need to change.
Tagged:

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Budget and Actual columns are reversed between the planning tab and the report. Are you taking this into account?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Make sure your dates are set for the full month. That info suggests February is being treated as a partial month. (25 / 29 * 200 = 172.41)
  • Jim_Harman
    Also check to be sure the budget name and year are the same for both the planning tab and the report.
  • Jim_Harman
    edited February 2020
    To build on @q_lurker's post, if the report is set to year to date, it will pro-rate the budget for the partial month in February. 25/29 x 200 is  $172.41. Set the report for Yearly and Current Year.

You can make this the default for new reports by going to Edit > Preferences > Reports and Graphs and setting the default date range to Yearly.
  • Meredith P
    Meredith P Member ✭✭
    How do I create a report that shows the budget for the whole month or the YTD including the current whole month? I might want to compare actual monthly spending to date to the whole month's budget. The whole point of a budget if you ask me. This is my first time using budgeting in Quicken, and this seems an odd way of setting things up.
  • Jim_Harman
    If you don't mind seeing future months, do as I suggested above and set the date range to Yearly and current year.

If you want this year through the end of the current month, you will have to set that up as a custom date range

If you just want the current month, set the date range to monthly and current month.

This discussion has been closed.