Home & Business -- 2020 version

I am currently using Quicken H&B 2000. It worked fine under Win 7. It works OK under Win 10, but printing is a problem. I don't care about any of the new features. I do need the invoicing function. I don't care about the investment features. It appears I can pay for one year of the current H&B product and cancel the auto-renewal without killing the program. is that correct. Can anyone confirm that the invoicing features are similar in the current version?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you would like to attempt to address the printing issue, I suggest you describe the issue in detail and what you've already tried.

I suspect there have been a few changes in 20 years.  If you do decide to update Quicken, I suggest you review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken
  • broosth
    broosth Member
    Thanks for getting back to me.

I tried a variety of things. Win 7 compatibility and Run as Admin help. BUT strangely enough, on my wife's computer, QW works as it always did. Her machine as Win 7 before an in-place upgrade to 10. Mine is a brand new Win 10 installation. Without 7 and admin, Printer Setup does not work.

Should I look for registry entries on my wife's computer that are not on mine (relative to QW)?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I would suspect an issue with the printer driver.  If you haven't already, I suggest trying a reinstall the printer driver, matching the printer driver to the one on the other machine, or printing indirectly using a virtual PDF printer.
  • broosth
    broosth Member
    Already done. Thanks for the suggestion. Guess i'll live with it for now. i only print a report when i can't balance my bank statement without paper copies.
  • broosth
    broosth Member
    I went ahead and purchased the current version through Amazon. The data seems to have all transferred properly. I do not like the new color scheme. The brown tones of the old version are easier on the eyes, but if there is a way to fix that I have not found it. Two questions: is there a way to make QW start up in the last account used instead of a home screen? In Customer Invoices is there a way to add a button or keyboard shortcut for Receive payment? Clicking on the Gear seems really lame.
  • JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    There are some color settings in Edit -> Preferences -> Colors
    And for what screen to come up on: Edit -> Preferences -> Startup
    As for shortcuts I don't have the business version so I can't check, but you might find one in F1 -> Appendixes -> Keyboard shortcuts
    Also right click on the toolbar just below the system menu (File, Edit, ...) and see if there is was to add a button to bring up what you want.
    One other place to look is on register "gears"/settings there is a custom action bar menu option, I don't know if this applies to where you are looking, but if it does you might be able to customize it there.
    Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
  • broosth
    broosth Member
    I found the color settings. None seems to address the overall color scheme.

Startup allows me to choose a specific account, but I don't see 'last account used'.

Customize toolbar does not get granular enough to add Receive Payment.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @broosth ,

You purchased Quicken Subscription Home & Business through Amazon.com.

Are you going to start a new Quicken Data File or convert your current Quicken Data File through steps of 2004 and 2013 versions, like @Sherlock pointed out?

Once you have Activated Quicken, and you are using a File Password, I would suggest that you reinstall Quicken, using this procedure: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

You mentioned that you want to turn off Auto Renew. You can without affected your Membership.

However, if you are going to not renew, when Membership is up, I would suggest that you know that you will be losing some of your screen to advertisements from Quicken.

See this Thread:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7720791/quicken-inc-should-eliminate-or-minimize-the-large-popup-with-expiration-107-legacy-votes/p1

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.