When starting program how do I get it to open the last used file.

Quicken was automatically updated recently. Now when I open Quicken it opens the oldest file in the system. It used to open the file I had open last. I know it is a simple fix but I can't figure out where to go to make the change.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I suspect you are opening the old data file instead of opening Quicken.  To open Quicken, I suggest you press the Windows key and start typing Quicken.  When the Quicken app appears, press Enter.
  • ClintKegel
    ClintKegel Member
    For 10 years I have opened Quicken by clicking on the icon on my desk top. Until this last update Quicken always open up the last file (the most recently saved file) on my desk top. Now it has started opening up the OLDEST file on my desk top. At the end of each year I save a Quicken copy in case I ever need to prove that an entry hasn't been changed over the years. Now when I click the Quicken Icon it opens up the saved file from 2011. So I have to manually go in and find the most recent file and open that up.
    I am quite sure there is a place in the program where I can go and tell it that I want it to open up the most recent file every time I start Quicken. I'm just not smart enough to know where to look. After spending several hours looking I finally decided to ask if someone can get me to the right place. Thx
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the prior answer said....check your shortcut.  Maybe it is pointing to the old file instead of just the empty Quicken program.  Right click on the Shortcut Icon and then on Properties at the bottom.  It should be going to \Quicken\qw.exe

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    For 10 years I have opened Quicken by clicking on the icon on my desk top. Until this last update Quicken always open up the last file (the most recently saved file) on my desk top. Now it has started opening up the OLDEST file on my desk top. At the end of each year I save a Quicken copy in case I ever need to prove that an entry hasn't been changed over the years. Now when I click the Quicken Icon it opens up the saved file from 2011. So I have to manually go in and find the most recent file and open that up.
    I am quite sure there is a place in the program where I can go and tell it that I want it to open up the most recent file every time I start Quicken. I'm just not smart enough to know where to look. After spending several hours looking I finally decided to ask if someone can get me to the right place. Thx
    If you would like to create a shortcut on the desktop to open Quicken, I suggest you press the Windows key and start typing Quicken.  When the Quicken app appears, drag and drop Quicken app onto your desktop.
This discussion has been closed.