Find old quicken files

Options
My quicken shows reports from 2003 to 2020 but I can't find the file for 2003 to 2018. It's not in my backups. Where do I find it and how do I incorporate it into my current quicken file?

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure what you are asking.... need to clarify -
    Your Quicken QDF data file can be cummulative over the years - only having one -
    I just have one, with all my decades worth of data in just one QDF file.
    If you for some reason have multiple QDF files, or somehow created "yearly" files, then your scenario may be different.
    Not sure what you mean by "reports from ...."
    My quicken shows reports from 2003 to 2020 but I can't find the file for 2003 to 2018.
    You can Find your Quicken files.....  File --> Find Quicken Files

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• sgreene978
    sgreene978 Member
    Options
    Could that .QDF file have an old date on, but still be my most recent QDF?
    Thanks!
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In @ps56k's graphic, only the 1st file listed is the actual QDF.  All of the others are Backup files, with a timestamp showing when the backup was created.
    SO, what "old date" are you talking about.
    And, where are you seeing these "reports from 2003 to 2020"?  Because you don't need separate reports for the various time periods ... almost all Q reports can be customized to depict a specific time period, as long as you've got data for that time period.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Could that .QDF file have an old date on, but still be my most recent QDF?
    I sometimes find Windows 10 showing incorrect timestamps on files. Here is a file which was created yesterday, as you can see in the filename. But the creation and modification times are wrong. They seem to be inherited from the enclosing folders. Is that what you're seeing when you say "old date on"?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.