Are Quicken MAC 2018 files readable by or convertible to Quickbooks.

Richard255
Richard255 Member ✭✭
My accountant only uses Quickbooks and I have Quicken 2018. Saving readable files would save a lot of paper.

Best Answers

• Richard255
    Richard255 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    That is all helpful. I decided to save the register files as .cvs and open them in Excel. I put them on a disk and sent it to the accountant. His problem, but he gets paid for it. Thanks.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Hmmm, interesting @volvogirl…

@Richard255 The export from Quicken Mac to Quicken Windows normally isn't recommended, because Quicken Windows can't import investment transactions. But the data is in the file, because Quicken Mac users sometimes, as a last resort for a damaged file, will export to Quicken Windows format and then re-import that into a new Quicken Mac file. So it's possible you could export to Quicken Windows format, and send that to your accountant to try importing directly into Quickbooks -- but you'd have no idea if it all worked cleanly and accurately, and that would make me a bit nervous.

If you don't run a business and have all your business expenses in Quicken, I'd think you'd be better off handing your accountant printed versions of whatever reports he needs from Quicken. Personally, I enter my W-2 and 1099 data for my taxes from the forms, not from Quicken, so it really depends how you use Quicken if there's much data you need from Quicken to do your taxes. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Richard255
    Richard255 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    That is all helpful. I decided to save the register files as .cvs and open them in Excel. I put them on a disk and sent it to the accountant. His problem, but he gets paid for it. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.