How do I remove the renewal banners?

I chose NOT to renew Quicken because I don't use any of the extra features that come with it. Now, I have a yellow banner across the top and wide side banner on the right side of the screen. How do I remove these?

Answers

• Bob Bateman
    Bob Bateman Member ✭✭
    I wish. They didn't appear until after expiration. If I split the windows screen, the side banner blocks half of the register. They take up too much of the screen. It is as if the only way to remove them is to renew. That isn't going to happen. Quicken should give you a way to hide them and a way to renew, if & when, you change your mind.
    I hate when companies try to force you to do something that you don't want to do. I'll give them a couple more weeks before I make a permanent resolution to this situation.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    … I'll give them a couple more weeks before I make a permanent resolution to this situation.

This started with subscription US Quicken when it came out in Fall 2017, nobody saw it until a year later when the first of the expirations started to happen.  We are into our 18th month of the nag banner, a couple of weeks is not going to change Quicken, Inc's mind.  I hate to say it, I think it is here to stay, whether I like it or not.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• ruiper
    ruiper Member
    edited March 2020
    (Removed-Disruptive-Language)
  • Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
     I'll give them a couple more weeks before I make a permanent resolution to this situation.
    (Removed-No Soliciting)
  • Bob Bateman
    Bob Bateman Member ✭✭
    I can't see paying $50 USD for me to get the fixes for their bugs. I am writing my own version in excel. Once debugged, well you know.That's my permanent solution.
  • Gil
    Gil Member ✭✭
    And this is why I will not move from Q 2017 to the subscription version, after being a Quicken user for well over 20 years.
  • weblady
    weblady Member
    edited April 2020
    I am with everyone else. Having used Quicken Home and Business since 1989 when it was on 3 floppy disks and started in DOS I refuse to "upgrade" to a new version that forces me to renew every year. (Removed-Disruptive)
This discussion has been closed.