Quicken (R25.xx) opens with background logon screen - Still appears after being posted as resolved

GLE81342
GLE81342 Member ✭✭
Why, after years of using Quicken with no problems, do I get a Quicken Welcome screen when
I open Quicken from my desktop, asking me for my Quicken ID and password.
I could always get into it easily with just the password.

Answers

• oldngrmpy1
    oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed this also. I just log back in again and probably won't see the message again. I suspect quicken has ratcheted up the security a click.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    this was resolved - but I am still seeing the symptoms.... Monday - March 2, 2020 - R25.10 -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    As do I...
  • tmszewczuk
    tmszewczuk Member ✭✭
    I have exactly the same problem since update R25.10 but I have more:

1. Can't log onto Quicken WEB from my laptop (credentials are ok and app works)
    2. Quicken preference userid / passwd are randomly being removed causing transaction download and sync to fail
    3. Cloud file is randomly being corrupted
    4. had one where my local Quicken data file was corrupted (I always have backups).
  • Don Bartenstein
    Don Bartenstein Member ✭✭✭✭
    *Hello All,
    *Thank you for reporting this behavior to the Community, although I apologize for any *inconvenience or frustration experienced. Our Teams have been investigating this behavior *and working to resolve this matter as quickly as possible.
    *An internal fix has been made which should resolve the Quicken ID login screen appearing in *the background when entering a Quicken data file password.
    *Our investigation determined that the root cause of this behavior was not due to the R25.10 *product update, but was instead caused by a separate, internal server update that was *released at the same time as the R25.10 update.
    *This conversation is being closed as resolved, but if you do continue to receive a prompt to *sign into the Quicken ID, please start a new post to report it and let us know.
    *Thank you,
    *Sarah

Guess what.... ;)

As requested, a new post....
  • William Ahlstrom
    William Ahlstrom Member ✭✭✭
    I installed the Quicken R25.18 Patch and still have the background log on screen for Quicken.com. It is not fixed!
  • labwiz
    labwiz Member ✭✭
    I too installed the Quicken R25.18 Patch and still have the background log on screen for Quicken.com. It is still creating a second login.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All,

There is a problem of using a File Password with Installations of Quicken Subscription Editions when using a File Password with Installations of Quicken, which were activated with an Activation Code.

Two Solutions are available:
    1. Remove the File Password and use instead a Microsoft  Pin Number or Password when signing into your Windows Account in the Windows operating system.
    2. Uninstall and reinstall Quicken, using this procedure: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions 
    Using QCleanUi by itself, does not touch the Windows Registry and leaves the Windows Registry untouched. And you get an error message when using QCleanUi after using Programs and Features to uninstall Quicken.

Do not skip a step when using the procedure above.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• gmk3
    gmk3 Member ✭✭✭
    Issue is not at all resolve. Quicken Team: Please get your act together and solve this issue.
  • Steve299@
    Steve299@ Member ✭✭
    Still have the background log on screen for Quicken.com. Issue not fixed.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    thecreator said:  There is a problem of using a File Password with Installations of Subscription Quicken, which were activated with an Activation Code.
    Interesting.....
    BUT don't think I'm going to jump thru hoops to resolve their error on their servers.
    I'll just live with it - and wait the 20secs for it to disappear from the screen.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• rb-2
    rb-2 Member ✭✭
    Same issue here with the background log on screen. Very annoying. Hope they get it fixed soon!
  • rkapash
    rkapash Member
    I noticed the discussion ended but the problem remains!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you ALSO getting a new empty file - Synclog.dat - placed on your Desktop ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• rb-2
    rb-2 Member ✭✭
    Yes, I also get the empty _SyncLog.dat file on my desktop each time I use Quicken now.
  • andyross
    andyross Member ✭✭
    The thread about a Quicken ID login showing behind a local file password screen was recently closed. The reason was because Quicken said it was a server update.

THE PROBLEM IS NOT FIXED!

It's still happening, even after updating to 25.18!!

Please do not close a thread without VERIFYING the issue is actually fixed!!!
  • stevebartram
    stevebartram Member ✭✭
    I keep getting the same thing after I have logged in. If I do not do anything the screen goes away and leaves me logged in. How do I stop this occurring?
  • Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    Updated to 25.18 today from 24.14 and now I get a new full page screen on execution of Quicken that displays a logon to online account or create account page. Also, says Welcome to Quicken off to the right of logon prompts along with Installing Quicken on another computer.

Had this same problem when I went from R24.14 to R25.10, so I restored my image from Acronis and all was well. Quicken said problem was a server and was fixed. So today I did another image and went from 24.14 to 25.18 and the same old problem of logon screen reappeared.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As we mentioned in the other threads -
    you should be able to wait & ignore it - it will disappear in 20 secs

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Don Bartenstein
    Don Bartenstein Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    > @ps56k said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Interesting.....
    > BUT don't think I'm going to jump thru hoops to resolve their error on their servers.
    > I'll just live with it - and wait the 20secs for it to disappear from the screen.

Ditto. That's a [profanity removed] of work to fix something that I shouldn't have to and that I'm paying good money for.
  • Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    That is true, but it is an unnecessary screen and is a sign of coding issues.
  • Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    On the other topic Quicken said the issue had been fixed and it was an issue on the server. Either that is not the case or the server issue has returned?
  • Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    Guess I didn't need to start another topic, yes I also have this same problem. Had it when went to 25.10 so I restored my image. Always do full images prior to software updates. After restore all was well- no extra logon screen. Did another image today and went from 24.14 to 25.18 and what to you know, still have the problem. Either server isn't the problem or it has returned. I wonder if it really went away when support said it did and closed the other topic?? I don't think we users should have to jump through a bunch of hoops to "maybe debug" the issue. I was never allowed to just tell users, Oh just remove and reload the software and see if that will work. I understand things happen, but admit it, fix it and move on. However up front testing is best.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Divemaster ,

The problem comes from the Activation Servers. Users, who have uninstalled Quicken, after the program has been activated and done a clean reinstall of Quicken using the Installer downloaded from their Account at: https://www.quicken.com/ My Account, don't know what Users who are having this problem are talking about.

Yes, you can indeed wait or reinstall according to this procedure:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions  (Don't skip a step, otherwise it won't work.)

The choice is yours. Uninstall and reinstalling is going to be a faster fix, then waiting for Quicken to fix the problem, since the problem only affects a handful of Users.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Thank you for reporting that you are continuing to see a Quicken ID sign-in window in the background when entering a data file password, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

We have re-escalated this issue to our Product Teams who are further investigating.

If you are experiencing this behavior and would like to assist with the open investigation, please go to the Help menu in Quicken and select "Report a Problem".

In the window that opens, please enter "QWIN-16957" in the subject line, mark the following log files and when ready click "Send to Quicken".

Log Files to Select:

QCSLog.txt
    SyncLog.txt
    SyncLogOld.txt (if listed)
    QuickenAuthorizationLog.txt

**Please Note: The Report a Problem submissions are sent directly to our Product Teams and the information provided is used for statistical and investigative purposes only.  Due to this, you will not receive a response to the submitted report.**

Thank you,

Sarah
  • MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    thecreator,
    Honest to Gosh, I've tried your steps three times (what can I say; I'm retired and have time on my hands) because I wasn't absolutely sure I hadn't missed a step the previous times. But this third time (just now), I printed out the instructions so that I could check off each paragraph as it was performed. And it just hasn't worked for me.
    Quicken Sarah,
    I did the "Report a problem" as you requested. However, the only log file in my list was SyncLog.txt, so I sent that.
  • GLE81342
    GLE81342 Member ✭✭
    I have wasted a whole afternoon trying to correct this problem. Even to the point of uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken. Tried to call support several times, the wait time was 24 minutes. Then around 4:00 PM their lines were busy. Guess they are doing that on purpose because they close at 5:00PM
    Still having trouble with the Quicken ID Welcome page coming up then my data password. When I enter my password the Welcome page disappears.
    Seems like Quicken has become worse since you need to have a subscription.
    Used updated software for years with no problems.
    Good luck to everyone with this problem. Just can't wait until I connect with support folks.
  • ps_q
    ps_q Member
    I updated my quicken and see that the Quicken ID screen appears behind my password screen. I see that this has been discussed and closed. But it occurred today, March 4, upon my update
  • labwiz
    labwiz Member ✭✭
    To "Sarah" above, I have sent my data, appreciate the information. I will not be running other "fixes" as some have offered. The error was caused by an update and should be repaired by company.
  • Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just restored my image and was back to 24.14 which has no problem. Will try again in a few releases.
This discussion has been closed.