Re: Q 2017, version 4.8.5 Individual stock/mutual fund entries end up in wrong accounts

Options
Northbiz
Northbiz Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Entries are ending up in two different accounts; unable to delete or move to correct account.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Northbiz

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have a few questions to help me understand what could be happening.

First, are you seeing these transactions on the individual brokerage account?

Is it possible that you are seeing this while on the grouped heading "Brokerage" which shows multiple accounts?

If that is not the issue, can you please navigate to the settings gear in the bottom right-hand corner under the "Transactions" view and confirm that the correct account number is listed for the account in Quicken.

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Northbiz
    Northbiz Member ✭✭
    Options
    My problem is mutual funds in my retirement acct. After checking I find that some funds have different Acct Nos than what is shown under settings. How do I correct the numbers?
  • Northbiz
    Northbiz Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Tyka: Do I need to set up an account for each separate fund number, or set of numbers? How do I delete funds that are in the wrong account, or move them to the proper account?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Northbiz

Thank you for the response and for providing more details.

To give the best instructions, may I ask if these funds are being held by the retirement account and aren't in a separate or their own account in Quicken, where are you seeing the account number in Quicken?

May I also ask if these transactions are downloading into Quicken or being entered manually?

Please let me know!
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.