How to get quicken to display the last payed amount for a certain payee when entering?

How to get quicken to display the last payed amount for a certain payee when entering?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you review your preference settings: select Edit > Preferences...

If the issue persists, I suggest you rebuild the Memorized Payee List: press the Shift key and select Tools > Memorized Payee List

Before making any significant changes to your data file, always save a backup: press Ctrl + B
  • dennis3445
    dennis3445 Member
    Thanks. Did exactly as you said to no avail. Problem is when entering a new entry to a previous payee, the auto filled amount is some amount from several entries ago, and not the immediately previous entree to that payee. When I had Quicken Deluxe 2006, the amounts were auto filled based upon the last amount entered to that payee. This is important because generally I spend the same amount with some payees, and don't want to have to reenter the amount every time unless there's a price change, etc. Say a cell phone bill which stays the same for a period of time, but then changes. I tried changing the last amount paid for one payee in the memorized list to the 'real last amount paid' and it worked. But again this is as much trouble as just entering the new amount each time. Any other ideas? Thanks again. Sorry to be so 'wordy'!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dennis3445

Thank you for providing more details although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

If you haven't done so already, please try this:

Navigate to Tools > Memorized Payee List locate the payee in question.

If the amount listed is an incorrect amount please edit the payee and choose to "lock" the payee.

Please attempt to enter the transactions and see if the amount is now correct.

~~~***~~~
  • dennis3445
    dennis3445 Member
    Thank you. I'll try it next time I make new entries. However, it sounds as if this method will 'lock in' the amount entered, and will not allow for auto fill with the 'last' amount entered. In other words, when the amount entered changes, the auto fill will pick up the amount locked in and not the last amount entered.
This discussion has been closed.