Can I upgrade / downgrade Quicken 2017 Premier to latest version of Quicken Deluxe for Windows

I don't need the additional features in Premier so I would like to fall back to Deluxe version when I upgrade - is that possible or do I have to do a fresh install and re-enter all my financial information and reestablish the links for online banking to import transactions? Is there any file conversions necessary if it does allow the migration?

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @r1fink,

You will not lose or need to reenter your financial data when you downgrade from Premier to Deluxe, nor will your online banking links be erased.  Your data and account information will remain, you just won't have the advanced features of the higher level product. As part of the conversion, your current data file will "updated" to be compatible with the subscription product.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can go to a lower version when you buy the new program.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    You should only need install the Quicken Deluxe program.  The data files are compatible.  It is advisable to save a data file backup: press Ctrl + B
This discussion has been closed.