At 10:30pm portfolio "today;s gain/loss" showed I lost $16k. I used a calculator and I gained $8k.

Options
Gain/loss for several stocks/funds were correct, but not all.

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    You sure you did not get caught in the market downturn? (LOL) just teasing... ;)

Seriously though, are you sure the Quicken is not using yesterday's close? There was a huge rebound today but that may not yet be reflected in the security prices.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Ken166
    Ken166 Member ✭✭
    Options
    At 10:30 pm I want Quicken to use the correct info. The "Today;s Change" was correct, but the extended was not. They used yesterday's price to calculate the extended gain/loss only in some cases. Why? I have to pay for this software. They could easier fix this.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    What are the exact names of the columns in the Investing Portfolio view that you are referring to? 

If it is the Price Day Change and Day Gain/Loss, sometimes Quicken does not update these when it is supposed to. Try setting the As of date one day earlier then back to the date you are interested in. See this discussion
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7860534/price-day-change-not-updating-for-2-securities

Also make sure the quotes have been updated for the date you are interested in. Is there a little clock symbol in the Quote/Price column? That indicates that the prices have not been updated for the selected date. You can hover over the clock to see the date of the most recent previous update. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Ken166
    Ken166 Member ✭✭
    Options
    1. You might have a different version of Quicken. I just purchased the latest version of Quicken Deluxe. My columns read "Today's Change" and "Today's Gain/Loss". I have never seen a clock icon.
    2. You say to change the date.... Please tell me how to do that.
  • Jim_Harman
    Options
    Are you running Quicken for Windows?

Exactly where in Quicken are you seeing these columns? To see what I am seeing, click on the Investing tab, then Portfolio.
  • Ken166
    Ken166 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the effort Jim. I am using Windows 10. I don't sign into my Quicken top account. I sign-in directly to my portfolio. I think I'll close this problem for now.
  • Jim_Harman
    Options
    Investing.quicken.com? Quicken on the Web? Quicken Mobile? 
This discussion has been closed.