In case of a total power failure is there an easy way to print all necessary entries in one place

In case of a total power failure is there an easy way to print all necessary entries in one place so I can continue to pay bills and conduct business off-line?

Best Answer

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020 Answer ✓
    I am not sure exactly what you want, but If you are looking for a way to see what bills are due you could always use CTL-J  to bring up the monthly bill reminders, and print it out using the printer icon at the top right of the page.  Of course  you would have to have some recurring schedule to always print that out so you would have it when power failed.

if you have the mobile app or the web version, I expect that would be useful assuming you have cell service.(I don't use either so can't comment further).

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you expect to pay bills if you're completely offline?  Paper checks?
    And, don't you have the paper statements from your various providers that include the address to mail your payments to?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    said:
    In case of a total power failure is there an easy way to print all necessary entries in one place so I can continue to pay bills and conduct business off-line?
    Huh ?
    Total Power Failure - ok - so, what do you have locally to power your PC and printer ?
    I happen to have a UPS on my computer and networking gear + hard wired Internet service and a 2kw generator.
    Next... what exactly do you want to print ? your billing amount and do what with it ?
    Do you pay bills manually now, mail them in, or via some form of e-payments ?
    How do you receive the bill ?
    I'm guessing there is a difference between a power failure, and going off-line or off-grid.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020 Answer ✓
    I am not sure exactly what you want, but If you are looking for a way to see what bills are due you could always use CTL-J  to bring up the monthly bill reminders, and print it out using the printer icon at the top right of the page.  Of course  you would have to have some recurring schedule to always print that out so you would have it when power failed.

if you have the mobile app or the web version, I expect that would be useful assuming you have cell service.(I don't use either so can't comment further).

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• thank you for all your replies
This discussion has been closed.