Why is the Net Worth Report Not Working?

Malcolm Booth
Malcolm Booth Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in Reports (Windows)
Checking this community and the Internet in general, it appears this issue has been around a long time.
When I run the report, it is off by 7-figures. The correct account balances are shown on the left of the screen in the Accounts panel.
When I drill down on the report, I see most of my Investment accounts are shown with a zero balance, and one of them with a value that is about a third of what the account balance should be.
I have checked the report parameters and I have "Select All" set for all options.
Very annoying in the time of the Corona Virus, when I'm trying to see how bad things are financially.

Best Answer

• Malcolm Booth
    Malcolm Booth Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi Jim,
    I just went to the Reports and Graphs pop-up. I ran the "Net Worth" report under the "Net Worth & Balances" section, and also "What Am I Worth?" report under the "EasyAnswer" section. Both these show the correct amounts and agree with total in the "Accounts" tab of the application.
    I was previously running the "Net Worth" report provided under the "Property & Debt" section when adding a view to the Home screen. However, that too seems to be showing the correct values.
    I'm not sure how this has been rectified, as I merely ran the report from the above three locations without any customization. It's OK now, but it wasn't for the past few weeks / months.
    Anyway, thank you for your help in resolving this.
    Mal

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    ok.... trying to look at ours -
    Is there a Net Worth number at the far left very bottom of the Account List sidebar -
    Does it match the Net Worth number from the report ?
    In the Reports --> Net Worth -->
    I'm showing....
    very top boxes --> Date Range -->  Earliest To Date -
    and - Interval --> None -
    Report -
    Assets -->  Cash + Bank Accounts
    - Investments
    Total Assets
    - Liabilities --> Credit Cards
    Total Liabilities
    Overall Total
    SO.... where are the numbers wrong ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Malcolm Booth
    Malcolm Booth Member ✭✭
    In the App, the Net Worth figure at the bottom left is equal to all the accounts listed above it. This is correct.
    The Net Worth report however, does not report any of my Investment accounts correctly, with most showing a zero total.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok - so we have a target... the Net Worth Number from the Account List -
    Now.... what does the top area look like - as mentioned above -
    Are ALL the data points being included ?
    Is it only the Investment Accounts that are wrong ?
    Are the Banking + Liabilites showing - correctly ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Click on the gear in the report and make sure all the desired accounts are selected.

Also are you running the report from the Reports > Net Worth & Balances menu
    or by clicking the button on the  Property & Debt > Net Worth tab? The reports from the buttons on the tab look the same as the ones from the Reports menu, but may be buggy.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Malcolm Booth
    Malcolm Booth Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi Jim,
    I just went to the Reports and Graphs pop-up. I ran the "Net Worth" report under the "Net Worth & Balances" section, and also "What Am I Worth?" report under the "EasyAnswer" section. Both these show the correct amounts and agree with total in the "Accounts" tab of the application.
    I was previously running the "Net Worth" report provided under the "Property & Debt" section when adding a view to the Home screen. However, that too seems to be showing the correct values.
    I'm not sure how this has been rectified, as I merely ran the report from the above three locations without any customization. It's OK now, but it wasn't for the past few weeks / months.
    Anyway, thank you for your help in resolving this.
    Mal
  • Malcolm Booth
    Malcolm Booth Member ✭✭
    Just an update on this issue.
    I opened Quicken this morning and the Net Worth report added to the View on the Home screen is incorrect again; for all the reasons stated in my earlier posts.
    I then ran the Net Worth report from the two other locations, also detailed in my earlier posts, and they were correct.
    I then removed the Net Worth report from the View on the Home screen, and then added it back, and that is now correct.
    Strange behavior, but I have a work around now.
This discussion has been closed.