Updating to Quicken Bill Manager

As I try to set up the new Bill Manager, it demands that I identify a payee for Quick Pay before I even am able to identify my bank to pay from. I don't want to automatically pay anything. I have used Quicken Bill Pay for years and I enter the bills I want to pay, then confirm to make the payment. What am I missing or doing wrong?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @sun guy

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question.

The first step requires that an online biller be added to Quicken. The online bill doesn't necessarily have to be paid using the bill manager. However, an online bill will need to be connected to use the Quicken Bill Manager.

To learn more about setting up the Quicken Bill Manager, please see the information available here.

I hope this clarifies!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • sun guy
    sun guy Member ✭✭
    Must the “online bill” come to me electronically or is receiving it by paper sufficient?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @sun guy

The online bill will need to be available as an online biller and have login credentials to be able to connect the bill to the Quicken program.

To look for an online biller please see the steps below:

First, click the + (plus sign) in the upper-right corner of the Bills & Income screen and select Online Bill

Quicken Bill Manager How To Set Up Quick Pay and Check PaySearch for the name of the biller you wish to add.

Quicken Bill Manager How To Set Up Quick Pay and Check Pay

I hope this helps!

~~~***~~~
  • sun guy
    sun guy Member ✭✭
    Maybe this is a semantics problem. I am the payer and companies I pay are payees. Is “online biller” the same as “payee”?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @sun guy

Yes, the online biller would be the payee.

You can try looking for a utility company that you pay by following the steps above.

Just one will need to be added to begin verifying the account.

You may also try something like Netflix or Hulu if you use any such services just to get the account verification process going.

Let me know if you need further clarification! 
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.