Budget Report Format

Does the budget report compare monthly budget amount to monthly category expenses in one screen?

Best Answer

• savbaker
    savbaker Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Quicken Call Support has answered my question. Yes there is a way to view a report with actual expenses vs. budgeted expenses. Their chat support had led me to believe it was not possible
    Thanks for your effort!

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I understand what you are asking, I think the answer is yer. Give it a try and post back if you don't like or understand what you see.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • savbaker
    savbaker Member ✭✭
    I see budget amounts as totals. But I see zeroes for category amounts. Clicking on the zeroes shows the trans actions but not on the same screen as the report. Expanding all on the.main screen of the report doesn’t help.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Click on the gear in the report to customize. Click on the Reset Columns button. Does that fix it?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • savbaker
    savbaker Member ✭✭
    Thanks, but no.
    I don't see an option for Reset Columns. All I see is the option for Expand All or Collapse All. Neither of those show the totals for the categories. They still have to be expanded individually to show the underlying data.
    I must be missing something something. I don't understand a budget report that doesn't show totals for categories against a budget -- unless each category item is expanded individually.
    Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • savbaker
    savbaker Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Quicken Call Support has answered my question. Yes there is a way to view a report with actual expenses vs. budgeted expenses. Their chat support had led me to believe it was not possible
    Thanks for your effort!
This discussion has been closed.