Anyone Know Solution to TIAA Download Error CC-592

In downloading from TIAA Bank the last two days, it fails with error CC-592. "Quicken is unable to update your account because TIAA Bank is using an unsupported authentication method." Anyone have a suggestion?

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @clorup,

Apparently your bank may have changed its authentication requirements.  So you are going to need to do some troubleshooting in order to fix this. 

Follow the instructions that are located here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-592

Get back to us if you have any follow-up questions'

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• RB
    RB Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Here is a SOLUTION!
    Do Update to TIAA Bank only between
    Monday - Saturday 6:00pm to 9:00am ET
    or anytime on Sunday.

While it did not work at 6:01 PM ET today! I have verified that it worked at 6:35 PM ET today!.

Solution is based on online message received from TIAA Bank in response to my request.
    Here is Key sentence in response:

"Due to the recent volatility, we've made changes to our online systems that prioritize your access to TIAA's website. As a result, you'll only be able to sync your Quicken/Mint account from 6:00pm to 9:00am ET Monday - Saturday and all day on Sunday."

I am using Quicken for Windows with the newest release and updates.

I hope this helps with resolving our frustration in not being able to get it to work for almost the last 10 days.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @clorup,

Apparently your bank may have changed its authentication requirements.  So you are going to need to do some troubleshooting in order to fix this. 

Follow the instructions that are located here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-592

Get back to us if you have any follow-up questions'

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• clorup
    clorup Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks. Read up on that. No obvious place on myTIAA Bank account screens to access/reset secondary authentication to something like personal security questions as supported by Quicken. Called TIAA Bank support, which was friendly, but had no clues as to what was up. Hoping for a callback from 2nd tier support ... We shall see ...
  • RB
    RB Member ✭✭✭
    Same Problem as clorup. Started yesterday and today. I know 5 other people having same problem.

It is very likely a problem with quicken servers. Not possible to add new account at TIAA Bank. It says "Quicken is having trouble connecting to TIAA Bank" and give CC-592 error. More importantly when using fake username and password---one get the exact same response---strongly suggesting issue with Quicken servers.
  • cmarcus
    cmarcus Member
    Same problem here. Quicken, please help!
  • Snogwaller
    Snogwaller Member
    Add me to the list.
  • Brewno
    Brewno Member ✭✭
    I've been in contact with TIAA Bank and they seem to be clueless. After activating and deactivating my TIAA Bank account I was still getting error CC-899 and sometimes CC-592. After 2.5 hours with Quicken Support and 0.5 hours with TIAA Bank I was no closer to a solution. Then I thought , I wonder if my Web Browser is causing the problem. Sure enough, the add blocker was somehow blocking TIAA Bank. Turning off the add blocker fixed the problem.
    I'm using Quicken Deluxe subscription version with the latest update
    Windows 10 Home edition
    Firefox Browser
    uBlock Original add-in
  • RB
    RB Member ✭✭✭
    Brewno's experience is very different them mine and others I know are have same problem (with different computer all Windows with latest Software). For us it is impossible to add new accounts at TIAA Bank regardless of use real credentials or fake credentials.
    Error is CC-592
  • clorup
    clorup Member ✭✭✭
    Brewno's post does not resolve my problem either. I tried whitelisting both TIAA.com and their service sites plus disabled my adblocker to no avail. Also, still have the problem without my browser being even loaded. And as suspected, no callback from 2nd tier TIAA bank support yet ...
  • MikeSuth
    MikeSuth Member ✭✭
    Same problem here. C'mon Quicken! Get this looked at!!!
  • RB
    RB Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Here is a SOLUTION!
    Do Update to TIAA Bank only between
    Monday - Saturday 6:00pm to 9:00am ET
    or anytime on Sunday.

While it did not work at 6:01 PM ET today! I have verified that it worked at 6:35 PM ET today!.

Solution is based on online message received from TIAA Bank in response to my request.
    Here is Key sentence in response:

"Due to the recent volatility, we've made changes to our online systems that prioritize your access to TIAA's website. As a result, you'll only be able to sync your Quicken/Mint account from 6:00pm to 9:00am ET Monday - Saturday and all day on Sunday."

I am using Quicken for Windows with the newest release and updates.

I hope this helps with resolving our frustration in not being able to get it to work for almost the last 10 days.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Anyone Know Solution to TIAA Download Error CC-592"?
    Yeah, dump TIAA.  Which is what we're doing.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• clorup
    clorup Member ✭✭✭
    After reading RB's post, I tried as of 7:20 PM Easter and it did work again. Thanks. Speaks volumes about TIAA bank's priorities, though. To assume Quicken need less priority instead of upping their online capacity. Even speaks louder about managing expectations, not to communicate such a change.
  • ninaz
    ninaz Mac Beta Beta
    This is the response I got from TIAA Bank:

"Following up on your below question: explanation for the problems people are having downloading into Quicken

Explanation:
    Due to the COVID-19 virus and financial fluctuations that can happen often within a day, that could cause the information if pulled during the day to be less accurate.

Having the sync or download period available after the banks and markets have closed and have run their processes would provide the most accurate information to our clients.

We hope you have a better understanding of this matter."

I told them this really does not make sense to me since my financial institutions where there is so much volatility don't seem to have adopted such a bizarre practice! My business bank should be available during business hours even if we are working from home.
This discussion has been closed.