How do I remove bad documents from the rental property/tenant documents sections?

Options
We recently purchased a new laptop and moved our Quicken files. Today, it became apparent that all of the 100+ PDF documents we uploaded previously for our rental properties (both property and tenants) are no longer working properly. View takes you to a random Windows folder. Replace takes you to the folder the original document you are replacing it with is stored. Delete gives you a warning message the document will be deleted, however, when you click on Ok, the document remains and is not deleted. I can re-upload the same documents and they work fine. Now all I want to do is delete the old, bad documents (which won't delete). Quicken Support's only resolution was to go back and restore from an old backup and lose, and have to recreate, all the transactions between that backup and now. Anyone else run into this problem and find a solution?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @rentalsandi

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I was able to locate a recent support contact regarding this issue, and it looks as though you have gone through all of the usual troubleshooting steps.

One step I would suggest is to super validate the file. To do so please see the steps below.

Open Quicken and go to the File menu > File Operations

Hold down Ctrl + Shift on the keyboard, and click on "Validate & Repair, while holding the keys down

The Validate & Repair window will open and mark the top box that should say "Supervalidate file"

Then click OK

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.